Birkin... Blindstamp or NO Blindstamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question was recently asked in another thread. Yes, they can be without a blindstamp. Unusual though. Yes, only buy such a Birkin from a reputable (re-)seller. You may not have an easy time if you choose to resell it yourself.

i heard this, but thought it was because of a question of styling for birkins that come from a specific master artisan yet im not sure ,but i have heard this .

i remember reading this at some point, that it can happen when a bag is considered so perfect that hermes wont stamp it ,and that they dont stamp color on the hermes paris made in france ,they keep it like barenia as in a perfect croc or so. but i cant exactly put my finger on where i read this, but i had a notion that if it came from a master artisan or was perfect in all senses the blind stamp was not necesary. example i know that the kellys by leila that go on 24 FBG windows are not blind stamped. but im not sure i look in to it and post back .:smile:

i know right, but i think it has to do with not dating or something ill find the actaul info because i know i heard this or read it some where. i know that that window kellys at least the leilas are not mareked as they have another way of being documented for in house use but im sure that now that you mention it i had heard something about it as i said ill try if not well i guess that idea stuck but i mean im pretty sure i heard of it at some point .

Oh my, I have never heard of this before! And would never touch a H bag without a stamp.

I'm guessing some scammer is just about to use this reason to peddle their fakes, claiming no stamps = perfection.

Reactions: emmmaculat
totally agree it sounds so very un logical i know but where where, ill search my mental files truly but yes it may well be , o mrssparkles soooo true and frightfully viable !

I have one without a blind stamp, it was bought straight from the Hermes boutique. I didn't check it at the time but when I realised I took it into the boutique and they said that they could send it back to Paris but doubted that they would do anything about it for me since it was not a defect. I decided to just live with it but to be honest I have never been really that happy with the fact that it only has the year stamp on it though the birkin itself is divine!

I feel the same, I see no valid reason for Hermes NOT to stamp a bag. Yes there may be oversights where a bag might slip through the net and not get stamped by accident. I just dont see it happening intentionally.

Hermes are proud of their products, and not putting their name on the bag "because it is too perfect" doesn't make sense on any level.

Oh my, I have never heard of this before! And would never touch a H bag without a stamp.

i feel you.. couple months ago i saw kelly black box without blind stamp at a reputable secondhand shop in tokyo..
i scratched my head, and said to myself, "big no no" even thou the SA convinced me that it's not a fake, and if it is i got a full refund bla bla bla.. it just doesnt make any sense AT ALL..

I feel the same, I see no valid reason for Hermes NOT to stamp a bag. Yes there may be oversights where a bag might slip through the net and not get stamped by accident. I just dont see it happening intentionally.

Hermes are proud of their products, and not putting their name on the bag "because it is too perfect" doesn't make sense on any level.

I have a bag with no date stamp. I took mine to Paris & was told by the crafts person that it was not unusual that a bag that age (30 yrs old) w/ a lambskin interior not to be date stamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.