Birkin Bag Expected to Top $150,000

I saw this bag in person....I don't even like diamond Bs or Himalayans and I have to say, it's really beautiful. And yes, it will sell for more most likely, but the collector mags and mainstream press are just now wrapping their heads around the idea that a bag could cost even $150K. It's an interesting discussion because things considered to be "male" collectibles are so understood and accepted....there's a lot less shock at a $150K baseball card (that's not even the top of the market there and there are no diamonds on baseball cards :P ).

May or may not be a good price.

Are the diamonds original from Hermes or are they aftermarket?
It is all Hermès, it is a classic Himalayan diamond edition and it's also a 30. Note that $150K is the low estimate and Heritage always under-estimates so the auction results look good.
It's actually pretty easy to get a croc/diamond B in something like black if you are willing to pay the retail price, but I would think a Himalayan in 30 is pretty hard to find.

Understood, my comment was questioning whether the diamonds were original Hermes. It's not uncommon for diamonds to be added to the hardware on exotic bags.

That would certainly change the retail price and also impact the sale price estimates.

I did not see any description of the diamonds in the write up, hence my comments.

I see complicated watches that are in the six figure range (with or without diamonds) and nobody blink an eye. This type of B costs what it costs. I'm curious to see the end price. If the bidder can pay for something like this at an auction, wouldn't he/she already be a VIP at H and can probably get one retail anyways?

Understood, my comment was questioning whether the diamonds were original Hermes. It's not uncommon for diamonds to be added to the hardware on exotic bags.

That would certainly change the retail price and also impact the sale price estimates.

I did not see any description of the diamonds in the write up, hence my comments.
Yes, got that, as I said, it is an Hermès diamond bag, not aftermarket.

Here is the auction listing for those who may wish to bid :P

http://jewelry.ha.com/itm/luxury-ac...h-18k-white-gold-hardware-pris/a/5191-58116.s

Yes, now I can see they are original Hermes diamonds. (the original post did not include the link to the auction, that is why I raised the issue of aftermarket diamonds vs original.)