Birkin as Briefcase

Hello,

I discovered this site today while doing some reseach on Birkins. There is some great information here on the bags. Thanks to all for adding their information.

I want to carry a Birkin as a briefcase. It must be big enough for my Macbook to fit into. What size should I be looking for?

Thanks,
Scott

A 13" would fit into a 35cm Birkin but would be heavy and you couldnt carry it over your shoulder, also the laptop would not be secured in the bag and could move around a lot which isn't ideal. Why not look into the Steve messenger bag, that looks like it could fit a laptop nicely!

Hi, I do not think that Birkins make good briefcases - their handles are too small and long, also the base of the bag is too soft. I did consider a 40cm birkin - wasn't working for me. A HAC is more appropriate as they are made to carry havier stuff, but for laptops, Steve or the Jypsiere (really hot!)

If a briefcase is what you're looking for why don't go for a briefcase. There are several models: Plume Porte Documents, Sac à Depêche, Kelly Depêche, also I'd consider Victoria Voyage/Souple, really briefcase look-a-like.

plume porte documents:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I must admit, I liked the way the Jypsiere looked. I will have to think about that option, seriously.

However, the HAC Birkin still looks good. I wouldn't carry it on my shoulder, but in my hands, like a briefcase. Maybe in the crook of my arm if I were walking with my arms crossed. So, its having shorter handles doesn't really bother me.

Thanks again for all the great tidbits!
Scott

I posted this question in the pronunciation thread, but no one has answered me. Maybe, I'll have more luck here.

So, how do you pronounce the HAC bag?
1. H-A-C, saying each letter separately?
2. /hak/ to ryhme with Jack or back?
3. Or do you have to actually say "haut a courroies"?

I'm pretty much leaning in the direction of a HAC 40, so when I'm in Houston again and speak to a SA about it, I want to say it correctly.

Merci,
Scott