Birkin and/or LV Capucines

Young1987

O.G.
May 1, 2013
Hi guys.

I'm intentionally posting here in the Hermes forum, because I am a die hard Hermes fan, but I've an appreciation for certain classic pieces from other brands as well.

What do you guys think of the Louis Vuitton Capucines MM in black with fushia interior and gold hardware? Would you consider it?

I have Birkins and Kellys, as well as a few Chanel flaps, LVs, BVs, and Diors.

Do you think that there's a place for the Capucines when there are Birkins in the house?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm a die hard Hermes fan as well, but the capucines is a gorgeous bag and I've gone back and forth about getting one myself. So basically I'm no help [emoji6] but yes, I think there is room in the closet.

If u love it go for it!! Since u already have Ks and Bs why not the capucines if u love it!... Personally I am all over too... I have Chanels, Diors, LVs too and i love them just as much as my H. Every bag has its use and can be used for different occasions.

Reactions: celine666666
I love my Birkins..... My DH gave me a capucines mm in galet for Christmas last year and I love that bag!!
It is one of my favorites!!! I love my Dior and Celine too, but I would purchase another capucines in a heartbeat!!! It is incredibly easy to carry and get in and out of!!
Good luck!!

Definitely room for a Capucines ~ it is a gorgeous bag! At the moment there are 2 sizes, MM and BB, but next year they are releasing a PM size with a shoulder strap which a lot of LV lovers are looking forward to with much anticipation. If you feel the MM is too big or too heavy, the new PM could be a great option.
FYI Like Freckles1, I own Birkins and an MM Capucines ;)

Hi guys.

I'm intentionally posting here in the Hermes forum, because I am a die hard Hermes fan, but I've an appreciation for certain classic pieces from other brands as well.

What do you guys think of the Louis Vuitton Capucines MM in black with fushia interior and gold hardware? Would you consider it?

I have Birkins and Kellys, as well as a few Chanel flaps, LVs, BVs, and Diors.

Do you think that there's a place for the Capucines when there are Birkins in the house?

Thanks in advance!!
+1 for H

As much as I love the Capucines, do you think it has staying power? I would hate to spend $5000 for it to go out of style in a couple of years.

I think this is EXACTLY what's making me hesitate. It's not a problem with Birkins or Kellys or BV Cabats or Chanel flaps.

But does the Capucines have classic potential? Hmm...

Last edited:
I'd say there is room for the Capucines. It's nice to have a variety of bags and try out different brands, even if you have a favorite or one that you prefer. I don't see a reason why not, especially if you already have Birkins and Kellys. Every bag will serve a different purpose in your collection.