Birkin 40 Barenia

hermeshound

Jun 16, 2019
Can anyone help with the cost of a Birkin 40 in barenia. I have a good relationship with my SA as well as with head office so I thought I might put in a request.

How difficult will it be? and will I have to sell my soul to afford it?

• Haha
Reactions: carabelli888
Don't know the exact number but it's probably in the $15000-16000 USD range. (Barenia Faubourg B35 last year was just over $13K)
Barenia bags (Faubourg and Smooth) are both push offers, so they're pretty hard to come by -- and now probably even more so since H featured what looks like a well-patina'd one in their ads recently.

Agreeing with poster above - Barenia is hard to come by. I also get the feeling that 40 may not be as commonly produced as the smaller (more popular / in demand) sizes. I think the price tag aside, the difficulty in getting one will probably be mostly tied to this rarity in production (smooth barenia being push offer is the biggest factor and then the size on top of it). But I’m sure it will be a very beautiful bag! Wishing you luck in finding one.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I paid $13,100 plus tax in 2017 (so about $14,500) for a 35 and the price has gone up since then. 40 will probably be $15-16K USD.
Smooth Barenia is push offer only. I agree with seeking out the secondary market as 40s will be rare.
Worth it though!!!