Birkin 35cm black vs gold

My first was gold with PHW, goes with everything day and night, but I did have lots of black bags (non-H) before that. It was also because that was the first one I found at the boutique so didn't have a choice.

My first Birkin was black, and my second was gold - both with palladium hardware. You can't go wrong with either, though the black is a little dressier in my opinion and the gold is a great everyday bag. Have fun deciding!

What a wonderful and happy dilemma! I have both Birkins; Was blessed to be offered the Gold w/PHW as a walk-in first and the Black w/GHW a month later. LOL! Love them both dearly and will use them forever. You can't go wrong with either but if I were to only have one...I would definitely, without a doubt, go for Black. It is timeless, classic, truly perfection. Good luck deciding!

They are both such classic colors. It also depends the size, leather and hardware you are offered. If you truly think it will be your only birkin, it's also important to pick the right size for you (30 or 35 depending on your height/physique and what you want to use it for), and also whether you love the leather. And I like GHW with those colors so I would personally opt for that too. So many things to consider! I think every person gravitates more to one or the other of these classic colors. For me, I have very few browns in my wardrobe and a lot of colors and monochrome so black is a perfect neutral. It just depends which one you could see as your go-to bag. Good luck!

ITA with all the great inputs shared
i too have both colors in b35
they are of different leather though
and for me i would not consider black if it is not box
personal preference, but my point is that the leather makes a difference
not just how they hold up, but to the appearance of the bag also

My first Birkin was black, and my second was gold - both with palladium hardware. You can't go wrong with either, though the black is a little dressier in my opinion and the gold is a great everyday bag. Have fun deciding!

ITA and would like to add that i prefer traveling with the black b
i carry b's with the turn lock/front panel facing me, so innocent bystanders dont hear the thunder of a b
i do think h bags stand out regardless because the quality of the leather is out of this world
but back on topic, i love both black and gold
so have you considered your hair color/skin tone - they may lead you to your answer!

What a wonderful and happy dilemma! I have both Birkins; Was blessed to be offered the Gold w/PHW as a walk-in first and the Black w/GHW a month later. LOL! Love them both dearly and will use them forever. You can't go wrong with either but if I were to only have one...I would definitely, without a doubt, go for Black. It is timeless, classic, truly perfection. Good luck deciding!

Completely agree. i do feel the same can be said about gold also,,, = =
hence i encourage you to look into the leather offerings

They are both such classic colors. It also depends the size, leather and hardware you are offered. If you truly think it will be your only birkin, it's also important to pick the right size for you (30 or 35 depending on your height/physique and what you want to use it for), and also whether you love the leather. And I like GHW with those colors so I would personally opt for that too. So many things to consider! I think every person gravitates more to one or the other of these classic colors. For me, I have very few browns in my wardrobe and a lot of colors and monochrome so black is a perfect neutral. It just depends which one you could see as your go-to bag. Good luck!

+1 i prefer ghw on both colors also