Birkin 35cm black vs gold

They are both such classic colors. It also depends the size, leather and hardware you are offered. If you truly think it will be your only birkin, it's also important to pick the right size for you (30 or 35 depending on your height/physique and what you want to use it for), and also whether you love the leather. And I like GHW with those colors so I would personally opt for that too. So many things to consider! I think every person gravitates more to one or the other of these classic colors. For me, I have very few browns in my wardrobe and a lot of colors and monochrome so black is a perfect neutral. It just depends which one you could see as your go-to bag. Good luck!

PERFECTLY Written! My sentiments exactly!

Both are classic colors
But since its your first starter birkin
I will choose black
Cant go wrong
Actually what I like to highlight is that since you said that it might be your one n only
Seriously consider the size
Try a 30 and compare feel both weight n space for usage
Take your time
Its expensive lol
Jmho

Black with GHW. Black is always a good choice. The gold color for me only works in summer... Although I live in Chicago in summer and Miami in winter I still don't like gold in winter as much as black...

I personally love gold, but the questions are...how will you use it?

Will it be an every day bag? Either will work but gold easier to wear in all seasons.

Will you carry it at night? I would not carry a B at night but if you want to then DEFINITELY black.

What do you wear? Lots of black? Then black. Soft colors? Then gold.

You can't go wrong with either but those are the basic differences, I think. I also personally prefer PHW but both colors are great with either. I would do gold in a pebbly leather like togo or clemence but in black you can also do amazing (but higher maintenance) leathers like box or barenia.
Enjoy!

If you're only looking for 1 birkin. Then consider your climate. Do you live in a warm weather climate? Then gold. If you're living in a place where winters can be long and dreary, then black. That's my answer.

I personally love gold, but the questions are...how will you use it?

Will it be an every day bag? Either will work but gold easier to wear in all seasons.

Will you carry it at night? I would not carry a B at night but if you want to then DEFINITELY black.

What do you wear? Lots of black? Then black. Soft colors? Then gold.

You can't go wrong with either but those are the basic differences, I think. I also personally prefer PHW but both colors are great with either. I would do gold in a pebbly leather like togo or clemence but in black you can also do amazing (but higher maintenance) leathers like box or barenia.
Enjoy!

ITA.... I love my gold because it works so well in the Spring and Summer. But I also have several black bags. Like you this is probably my one and only....:smile:

You really can't go wrong with either. When I decided I wanted to go for a Birkin, I asked for either Gold GHW or Black GHW in 35. I immediately was offered Gold togo GHW and pounced on it. It is a year-round color and I have worn her to death since I got her. However, the size is an issue for me. 35s can get very heavy after a while. I now have a 30 in Epsom and the weight difference is like night and day. So I'd be more sure about the size than the color (since you can't go wrong with either). Also, I thought I would only have one birkin too... now I have 2 and looking for a third (I would kill for a black 30 GHW!) :giggles:

GL and let us know what you decide!!!

Gold. It works for all seasons. Sometimes black can look a little too elegant (if it is in Box. Though, I truly adore!! :smile: ). Plus, you can always get a black one later either from H directly or from a reseller. Have fun hunting!!!