Birkin 35 Officier Need Honest Opinion

1. Thank you for all your replies. Trying to decide on whether I should keep it or sell it.

2. I hope I don’t bum you out but I think you asked for our honest opinion. It’s not the stripes I mind. It’s that the stripes are two strips of leather sewed on top of the leather body. I don’t think it’s Hermes’ best work. If the stripes were inlaid/marquetry like the lettre Kellys, I think this bag would look much more elegant.

csetcos likes this.
  3. Omg I LOVE this bag!! It’s more sporty and casual than a regular Birkin and a Birkin is a casual bag so I think it works! I don’t know where you live but in the US, I think most of our lives are quite casual. I know in SF it would be perfect!! I love that blue and green together!

lala28, papertiger and QuelleFromage like this.
  4. Well spotted.
    Yes, indeed.

and with regard to the bag itself . . .
    I don't think the colours sit well with each other.
    It might be the lighting or the camera, but the tonal relationships look badly chosen to me.

5. IMO, this is not the best work from Hermes. But only you can decide whether to keep or sell it as only you know how you truly feel about it.

6. Personally, it’s not for me. I think over time that the side with the stripes will remain more structured, while the other side more floppy. That would drive me nuts.

stillfabulous and MYH like this.
  7. Me too.

I wouldn't like very strongly contrast stripes which would look too sporty for me, but this is a very cool cw.

8. i really think you should keep it. Its different and honestly doesn't look that sporty to me. if you sell it you might just regret it. just my two cents....

9. My opinion - the stripes somewhat diminishes the luxury and classy appeal of the Birkin. Now that’s not an issue as I know some people need a sporty looking Birkin for the gym or for yoga. But I can see why this is not for everyone.

10. I think this bag is edgy and different while still being classic and sporty. It definitely will turn heads... looks amazing in your car interior too!

11. I think the color combo is absolutely beautiful, but I am not a fan of the Officier. I just find it kind of a "meh" design.

12. I love it! I think the stripes make it just a little different but without being so out there that you’d get bored with it. It’s classic but also special and the colours are quite muted so will go easily with most things.

papertiger and edsbgrl like this.
  13. Absolutely a fan of this style. It breaks up the monotony of traditional style Birkins. (Not there's anything wrong at all with traditional B's )

I also love that the striping is subtle yet still noticeable without being in your face. Love it!

papertiger likes this.
  14. Not a fan. Too masculine for my tastes. Lacks elegance too ...

15. I love it!