Birkin 35 cm in Clemence/Togo & Carrying a Laptop

Grill

O.G.
Jan 11, 2007
Dear TPFers -

I would be curious to know if any of you carry a laptop and wires in your 35cm Birkins? I think my husband would be very excited by my moving from just buying 30cm birkins to the 35cm model if it could carry all my work kit including my computer.:P:yahoo: However, as a fan of the more supple leathers and as a bag lover in general, I am worried that the weight of a laptop could damage or distort my bag? I would love to hear your opinions on this matter. With Many thanks!:smile:

I have a small, very light laptop which fits into my 35cm togo perfectly.
No damage or distortion to my bag....I've been using this bag for work quite a lot recently, and have been packing it full of papers etc with no trouble at all. Hope that helps....oh, and this was my first Hermes post!

I sure hope so!
I'm getting my Birkin 35 in a couple of months and plan on using it to replace my current work bag. The dimensions are a good fit for that - the 30 is more of a 'purse'. I'm not too worried - these bags are meant to be workhorses. I think it'll be perfect for a laptop, files, makeup and snacks.

There's a similar thread on this subject, if you search using the word "laptop" I'm sure you'll find it.
If you have a very small and lightweight laptop and don't carry much else, then I think you might be OK. I put a small Sony Vaio in my 35 clemence without a problem but do not use it as such on a regular basis. It will be heavy to carry though.
I like Greentea's whitebus idea.

I appreciate your answers guys - and have taken on board the heaviness comments! I'd be interested to find out what a Whitebus is??? though the birkin 35cm is still top of the wishlist for 08!!!!

The whitebus is a very understated, plain, structured tote with a flat outer pocket. It has no visible hardware on the outside. I have only seen it in box leather (have not seen it in textured leathers like togo or clemence). It comes in several sizes and a more vertical shape. It would look great for work if you want Hermes but will definitely be under the radar as it is not easily identifiable as H unless you are already familar with it. Which might be what you want or maybe not...
I have a photo of a very small one in the H reference thread under H styles.

The whitebus-
hermes_whitebus-1.jpg
imgDN.asp