birkin 30 or 35 on asian women

jacobee

Feb 21, 2006
I wanna know if the ladies from asia prefer 30 or 35 for their birkins. I am still unsure whether to get 30 or 35. I started looking at the thread on "asian celebs and their birkins" and 30 seem alright but then i start wondering again if 35 is better. Have tried both and still undecided. Help!
Another thing, will a bj birkin look fine with a 40year old woman? I am choosing between bj and gold. Does the color of gold in togo and clemence differ? I saw a gold in clemence and it didn't do anything for me. Would the togo look different?
TIA!

i would say 35. 30 seems a bit too small ( i am asian too).

BJ is gorgeous and I am not a fan of gold at all. Hermes does colors so well that I would go for a nice shade instead of gold which is easy to find in other brands.

HTH!

Hi Welcome!

I found 35 too big for me. I always go for 30. I am 5'3" and about 100 lbs.

Definitely BJ is gorgoues, however I am not a big fan of any blue shades (although I do have a BJ picotin). Depends on what you wear, but between Gold or BJ, I would go for a gold Birkin. On the other hand, have you considered Etoupe as well? Etoupe is a very neutral color too! and I loveeeee this color. :tup:

I am in the same situation as you. I am 5'3 and asian. I am actually wondering if i should get a birkin in 30 or 35. 35 is quite popular in manila. Re: color. I am choosing between black or gold with GH. BJ sounds lovely. Thinking if maybe etoupe is nice BUT it doesn't seem to look good on my skin tone.

I am asian, 5'4" and around 105 lbs...I have the 35 size and use it more for work as it is such a spacious bag. I put everything but the kitchen sink in it and it still has space for my lunch. I would like to get a 30 for the weekends when I don't need to carry so much.

If you are petite, then a 30, definitely.
As for color, I think BJ is much younger, but it depends on your style. I agree with catabie, you can find a gold tone in other bags, but H colors are the best.

30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 !! I have one 35 that is coming soon....that was ordered for work. I am 5'2", not particularly skinny though!! I find the weight of the 35 is too much for me...unless I have something more than a PBJ sandwich in there! Seriously, for work, 35 is great. For a handbag, 30 all the way. 25s are too small for me. As for color, I think the BJ is great!! H makes the most lovely colored leathers. I am not a fan of H gold...it makes me look even more yellow than I already am!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE etoupe. It is even making me warm up to PH! Can you believe that? :nuts:

How tall are you? I'm 5'2 - I prefer 30 and don't think I'll ever get another 35.
I find that the proportions of a 30 work better with my frame, particularly when I'm dressed for the hot climate in my home country (bare arms and legs). I find that when I'm all covered up with a coat and boots, 35 looks less "oversized", so I use that mainly when I travel to cooler climes.
35 is more useful for travelling - for toting around all the extra stuff I wouldn't carry with me when I'm at home (like guidebooks/maps, plus a bottle of water, foldable umbrella etc. which I would just leave in my car at home).
Oh, and when you need to have your hands free, 30 slips easily into a lightweight foldable tote/ shopping bag for carrying on your shoulder. :smile:

I am 5'3 and have both 30cm BJ birkin as well as a 35cm gold birkin. I like to take my 30cm out just on any day while the 35cm just sits in a closet. I used my 35cm for traveling, 35cm just seems too much bag for me!:shame:

Jacobee: you posted re 30 or 35 on asian women but I while I know that on average asian women are petite I think the issues boil down to 2 main factors for any woman 1)what are your daily needs in a bag and 2)what is your actual size--height and weight. if you care about how it suits your frame. a 35 is a big bag that can overwhelm a smaller person. a 30 is by no means tiny either. its a very generous carry all but a 35 birkin is real TOTE whereas the 30 is a cross between hand bag and a tote. most people i know prefer the 30. its lighter and less cumbersome but if you are a working woman going to a from work carrying a lot of stuff and setting the bag down onec you are at your workplace then a 35 might do.