Birkin 30 in gold - swift or clemence?

1. Dear Hermes lovers,

Any experience with Birkin in Swift?
    I am planning to place a SO: Birkin 30 in Swift or Clemence.
    I already have a Birkin 30 in Clemence and a 35 in Togo ( I prefer the Clemence in 30 - it holds everything I need and I find it much lighter).
    I never saw the swift, so would like to hear your opinions.
    Thank you in advance, any input is much appreciated.

Elena

2. I think swift is a pretty newly introduced leather. It's lightweight with very smooth texture and semi shining finish. It's not easy to get scratched, of course cannot be as low maintenance as togo. I have a 32 orange kelly in swift, I like it a lot. :smile:

3. I think you should get it in Swift !

Its a lovely soft leather, I think you will love it :heart: :heart:

4. Isn't Swift liken to be "matte box calf", but softer? So it can get scratched easily too? But with tender, loving care, it should be alright.

I would choose swift over clemence.

5. Dear All,

Thank you! This is pretty much what I think - the 30 bag in swift will be more interesting, specially since I don't have a bag in a smooth leather.
    My Trim is in Barenia/Crinoline and I absolutely love Barenia, but as I understand the Swift is totally different leather.

I've heard that colors look a little different in a swift, since this leather has a special quality to absorb the dye; and that the gold in swift leather is not the same color as in clemence for example.
    Is anybody familiar with a gold/natural in swift - is it lighter or darker than gold in Clemence?

Thank you again,

Elena

6. Is swift generally the same price as togo? Does it develop a patina like box?

7. I think swift cost slightly more than the togo by $200-300 .
    I have the orange in swift and it really brings out the color especially under sunlight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice