Birkin 30 comparison

You can un-pop the GP too.

I think the GP 30 looks small because the depth and height reduce in proportion and 30cm simple totes are small bags. Even a DS 45 looks small to me, a 36 looks mini.
Yep. I agree with this. If it makes sense, the GP is *so* simple that it looks like a tote, and you kind of expect totes to be larger.
The Birkin was originally made to be a tote, but with the flap and full closure also has details like a purse, so it doesn't look quite so shrunken in 30.
I personally prefer the larger size in both bags, but the B30 still looks good to me whereas the GP 30 looks toylike. YMMV.

Yep. I agree with this. If it makes sense, the GP is *so* simple that it looks like a tote, and you kind of expect totes to be larger.
The Birkin was originally made to be a tote, but with the flap and full closure also has details like a purse, so it doesn't look quite so shrunken in 30.
I personally prefer the larger size in both bags, but the B30 still looks good to me whereas the GP 30 looks toylike. YMMV.
“Toylike” is exactly the way I felt the GP 30 looked on me. I love the B35 but I don’t carry much in my bags, plus all the comments on the weight of the bag makes me think twice. Not sure how it compares to the weight of the LV Soft Lockit PM, but the heaviness of that bag was more than I cared to struggle with after a couple of hours.

Thanks so much for your input.

Smaller in real life? Yikes. Seems with most bags by Hermes I find myself wishing there was an in between size.
Yes in pictures it looks so perfect, but IRL OMG, it's tiny. But good for movies and going out. My SA offered me a black with GHW B25 and it was so very very tiny, I just passed on the birkin. Talk about toy! I couldn't pull it off.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Yes in pictures it looks so perfect, but IRL OMG, it's tiny. But good for movies and going out. My SA offered me a black with GHW B25 and it was so very very tiny, I just passed on the birkin. Talk about toy! I couldn't pull it off.
Hells bells. I would use it as an every day bag, and while I don’t carry a lot I don’t want a tiny bag.

Can't agree more on the B25 being very very tiny, I'm not that big but when I tried it on I struggled with getting my arms through the handle (i had a coat on).... B35 is too big tho (in fact, am rehoming my sole B35 later today), so to me B30 is perfect.

“Toylike” is exactly the way I felt the GP 30 looked on me. I love the B35 but I don’t carry much in my bags, plus all the comments on the weight of the bag makes me think twice. Not sure how it compares to the weight of the LV Soft Lockit PM, but the heaviness of that bag was more than I cared to struggle with after a couple of hours.

Thanks so much for your input.
The only thing that I don't like about the GP30 is the height. Even though I don't carry much, it seems if I put a shawl inside, it only fills up to the brim whereas the B30 has a flap that provides more coverage. I sold my GP30 because it is not small enough to be as cute as the K25 but yet not big enough like a GP35 to hold more stuff.