Birkin 30 color help!!

NewBVfan

~Hermes lover~
O.G.
Jul 14, 2009
Hi all,

I scored a violet lizard birkin 25 in Tokyo yesterday and I'm now looking for a birkin 30. The store did not have B 30 available in pink / orange, which were the color I wanted most. Now, what other color would you suggest as my first Birkin 30?

I wear lots of pink / purple w/ my jeans on weekends. I wear lots of black / grey for work. I want a color that will work for both weekends and weekdays.

Now, I'm already ruling out black, white, red, and gold. I have too many other bags in those color.

Pls help me, your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Prune, raisin, or etoupe. My other choice based only on your wardrobe not practicality, would be white, but I see that's off the list. Congrats on your lizard birkin!

Would Gris T also work? Since you suggested Etoupe.

The SA told me that since I'm already buying the violet lizard, I should not go for raisin. Sorry for not making it clearer earlier.

How about blue jean?

Gris T sounds lovely too! And strike Prune off the list, just saw that you got the prune kelly cut. Raisin is much darker than violet, and I think it would go well with your work clothes (darker and conservative) as well as your pinks and purples. Blue jean would be nice too; I'm not a huge fan of it so didn't think of it initially.

Thanks all,

Actually I wanted to see a Gris T birkin but the SAs told me it'll make me look older (as it is a more conservative color). The SA who helped me said I should get it when I'm close to 40. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying it on. So I wonder if GT would be a good color.

Do you agree w/ the SAs or do you think it is good for any age?

Hi all,

I scored a violet lizard birkin 25 in Tokyo yesterday and I'm now looking for a birkin 30. The store did not have B 30 available in pink / orange, which were the color I wanted most. Now, what other color would you suggest as my first Birkin 30?

I wear lots of pink / purple w/ my jeans on weekends. I wear lots of black / grey for work. I want a color that will work for both weekends and weekdays.

Now, I'm already ruling out black, white, red, and gold. I have too many other bags in those color.

Pls help me, your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Did you try other H stores? I was shown orange birkin in both 30 and 35 at Tokyo Takashiaya Hermes

Orange was my first choice for a birkin, but when I was shown a Sienne (brownish red) birkin from the local store in May, i just fell in love it. Maybe you can see the bags and see which one make you sparkle

Did you try other H stores? I was shown orange birkin in both 30 and 35 at Tokyo Takashiaya Hermes

Orange was my first choice for a birkin, but when I was shown a Sienne (brownish red) birkin from the local store in May, i just fell in love it. Maybe you can see the bags and see which one make you sparkle

No I haven't. I was told orange and pink are hard to come by. Perhaps I should try the other stores next time. Thanks v much!

Thanks all,

Actually I wanted to see a Gris T birkin but the SAs told me it'll make me look older (as it is a more conservative color). The SA who helped me said I should get it when I'm close to 40. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying it on. So I wonder if GT would be a good color.

Do you agree w/ the SAs or do you think it is good for any age?
Hmmm, not really agreeing with the SAs about waiting till you are 40 to wear Gris T, or any color for that matter (I don't agree about not getting raisin either!). Sometimes SAs give good advice on color and styling, but I like to see things for myself, especially if I've never shopped with that person before.

No I haven't. I was told orange and pink are hard to come by. Perhaps I should try the other stores next time. Thanks v much!

you are welcome, I believe there are a few H stores in Tokyo.

The ginza store did tell me before if I wanted certain colours, give them a call at least 1-2 wks before I arrive, they will source it around the country. I believe they should be able to get your orange birkin eventually ;) Good luck on your search.

You'll have to try on the Gris T if there's one. Etoupe is always nice. How about the near brown? what is it called Alezan? Would soleil go with your wardrobe?

There's actually a soleil B 30 but I didn't take it because I prefer orange to yellow. Definitely it'll my be second choice though.

My SA was super honest. She told me if I don't really love the color, I should not get it cuz it's not cheap stuff.

Next time I go, I'll def. consider soleil though, if there's still no orange.