Birkin 30 capacity Vs. Speedy 30

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
For those of you who have both an LV Speedy 30 and are lucky to have a Birkin 30, how does the capacity compare between the two?

I have a Speedy 30 and it totally holds my life.
Still wondering what sie Birkin to shoot for... :smile:

Thanks in advance!

I had a speedy 30 at one point (I do have the smaller one now) and felt it was too big for me.....plus I never cared for the smaller opening getting in and out of the speedy bags! I'm thinking the 30 birkin may hold slightly less? I may be wrong but because it's not "round" per se, as the speedy is.....In addition, I will add that the 30 birkin was a bit smaller than what I thought it would be! How tall are you?:amuse:

I have the Speedy 30 and the Birkin 35 and I put into them the same things; I don't know how they would fit into a Birkin 30, it seems less roomy than the Speedy but I've never tried it...:smile:

Thanks! I'm 5'3" so either the 30 or 35 would be fine for me. I figured the Birkin 30 might hold slightly less because it isn't as "fat."

Jehaga, how's the weight of the Epsom BJ Birkin you just got?

^^Shoes319: It's a 35, and I'm 5'7". The 30 was really small IRL

^Greentea: I think it's slightly lighter than my paddy. I'm not putting too much stuff in it. I just got my first scratch today :sad: on the inside :sad:
Greentea, I think you're the one who posted that Epsom is not very scratch resistant. I wished I'd read your post sooner!!

jehaga said:
^^Shoes319: It's a 35, and I'm 5'7". The 30 was really small IRL

^Greentea: I think it's slightly lighter than my paddy. I'm not putting too much stuff in it. I just got my first scratch today :sad: on the inside :sad:
Greentea, I think you're the one who posted that Epsom is not very scratch resistant. I wished I'd read your post sooner!!
Ouch. :sad:
Don't stress too much. The scratches give it character. I keep looking at your avatar because it's such a bee-yoo-ti-ful bag!

Greentea said:
Maybe I should shoot for a 35, but in Chevre.

I've read so much good stuff about the chevre in this forum, particularly that "spine" feature. I wish I could see a Chevre IRL! But I'll just have to see pictures of yours when you get it!!

i have a 30 speedy and for some odd reason i cant carry this bag for more than 2 days or else my arm gets really sore. but the birkin 35 that i own in my own opinion is heavier but it doesnt hurt my arms. so i Know that brikins are a better purse for me :okay:

It's all in what you get used to. I'm 5'7". I own a couple of 35s a JPG a 30 and I'm waiting on another 30. (And am ordering a 30 at podium) I prefer different sizes in different colors.