Birkin 25 Orange Swift...Yay or Nay?

PF2010

O.G.
May 15, 2010
Hi everyone,

My wonderful SA offered me a Birkin 25 in Orange Swift with GHW (my first B by the way). This would be a weekend bag and I don't mind the size as I don't carry that much. My biggest concern would probably be the general care of the bag given the leather and lighter color. This color wasn't on my radar but looking through the forum it seems like orange is more versatile than I thought.

Any thoughts on this particular combo? Thanks so much!

Swift wasn't on my radar until recently. Now, I love swift because of its smooth, buttery texture without being too high maintenance (it doesn't get scratch marks too easily). It's also lighter than togo and clemence. The only thing is swift is floppy. My swift bag is a leather fabric combo so it's not too floppy except for the sides (where the leather is).

Aa for color, I love H orange esp. with ghw. I would only buy an orange bag from H. I find orange works with most of my clothes. I wear mostly solids in black, white, beige, navy and dark denim color.

Haha. Lots of people use Hermes orange as a neutral color and it works very well. GHW with orange is delightful, I hope you do get it. 25 birkins are hard to come by these days too so the whole combination is wonderful. Good luck.

Share some pictures if you do end up buying it. ;););)

Reactions: wocmini
Yes, I would definitely get it! I just adore swift leather and H orange is the only orange (the 25 size is ideal) I would buy. I thinks it's a perfectly classic combo to own and extra special as your first. Can't wait for the photos if you get it!

I have orange with GHW and love it mine is Togo size 30 so make sure the size is big enough for you, but I also have a Kelly in Swift and would not hesitate getting another bag in this leather, goodluck with your decision.

It would be a yay from me. I had an orange lindy in clemence. The colour was GORGEOUS & surprisingly I could incorporate it with my wardrobe easily. It's a lovely pop of colour.
However after using it once or twice I noticed it has some darkening over the back/near the bottom part. I don't know about other's experience but to me it stains easily. It may be because I placed it on my newly cleaned damp car seat but the rest of the bag is fine. It didn't feel right for me to keep it at the time (including financially) so I sold it. But I would definitely purchase it again in the future.

Size 25 with GHW will be cute. Can't comment much about swift. I personally like grainy leather. I suggest the usual test to know whether you love it or not.. Which is to see it for yourself :smile:
Good luck with the decision!

Yay for me. Love orange with GHW and orange can be used as a 'neutral' colour. 25 is rare and if you don't carry much it should work perfectly.
I don't own swift, so no comment on the leather.

Hi everyone,

My wonderful SA offered me a Birkin 25 in Orange Swift with GHW (my first B by the way). This would be a weekend bag and I don't mind the size as I don't carry that much. My biggest concern would probably be the general care of the bag given the leather and lighter color. This color wasn't on my radar but looking through the forum it seems like orange is more versatile than I thought.

What colors were in your radar?
I find b25 handles very short, try it out and see whether you are comfortable with it.
Swift leather may be soft, but in this small size, I don't think you need to worry about it being floppy.

What colors were in your radar?
I find b25 handles very short, try it out and see whether you are comfortable with it.
Swift leather may be soft, but in this small size, I don't think you need to worry about it being floppy.
Thanks Kewave, colors in the blue family were at the top of my list. And you're right, the handles are short but I could fit my arms through it although not sure I could with a coat on. Do you think color transfer would be an issue given the light color?

Thanks Kewave, colors in the blue family were at the top of my list. And you're right, the handles are short but I could fit my arms through it although not sure I could with a coat on. Do you think color transfer would be an issue given the light color?

Unless you buy a really dark blue like indigo, other blue shades are still vulnerable to color transfer.
B25 is very rare & orange is a nice pop. But doubt you can carry it on the arm with coat on though.

Hi everyone,

Hi there!
I recently received a 35 birkin ghw in orange swift, and I love it! It's a beautiful leather and the orange is extremely vibrant. I wear a lot of black and grey so orange is a nice pop of color.

Go for it! I had a 30cm swift Birkin. I was scared to use it at first, but soon learned that is was a great smooth leather which I prefer smooth leathers. I did keep the handles wrapped with twillies because it was biscuit, a little color. It can take the rain and minor abuse:smile: My 30cm held its shape so I would guess that the 25 will not be a problem at all. imo, orange is a great neutral. Have fun researching, and good luck!

Go for it! I had a 30cm swift Birkin. I was scared to use it at first, but soon learned that is was a great smooth leather which I prefer smooth leathers. I did keep the handles wrapped with twillies because it was biscuit, a little color. It can take the rain and minor abuse:smile: My 30cm held its shape so I would guess that the 25 will not be a problem at all. imo, orange is a great neutral. Have fun researching, and good luck!
Swift is a wonderful leather. 25cm very hard to get. Orange with gold hardware...stunning. Run, don't walk...get it!! Lucky you!