Birds!?

PinkSuadeSoho

Princess Grace Ave
O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Random thread but I was out and aboot today:biggrin: enjoying the sunshine and admiring a lot of stunning blue birds. Along with other birds of pretty colour and markings. It almost seems that these beautiful creatures know their beauty and act accordingly. I find it funny because the two particular birds I was watching seemed to be showing off and enjoyed the attention. Now compare this with crows or pigeons, who always seem obnoxious in their calls or noises, ( & not particularly pretty to look at) do you think birds know that they are of beauty or not?

Attachments

• 050531_pigeons.jpg
    050531_pigeons.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Western-Blue-Bird-00003.jpg
    Western-Blue-Bird-00003.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 1176151461_crow-soccer.jpg
    1176151461_crow-soccer.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 45
I think so. The blue jays and cardinals around here seem to perch just so on their little branches, singing their songs, like they know they're beautiful. Especially the male cardinals...they're just so flashy!

I agree with boomie, those male cardinals know they're a fine looking bird. I think that birds attitudes are most reflected in their song. The Carolina Wren is just a tiny little bird who sometimes acts quite crazy, but they can puff themselves up and put out a call or a song that shows they think they're better than everybody else!

I never even thought about his until after reading this thread but it's true. I was sitting outside this weekend and just watching the birds. It does seem like the pretty ones, the Cardinal and the Blue Jay were singing more and kinda showing how beautiful and happy they were while the crows were just sitting on the branch and squawking. Nature is amazing.