Home & Garden Bird invasion

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
It's like a freakin' Hitchcock film at my house. What is up with all the birds? They are filling up the trees and cawking like crazy. They fly low and fast over my house and deck.

They seem to increase in number every day.

Will they go away? Why are they here?

HELP!

It's like a freakin' Hitchcock film at my house. What is up with all the birds? They are filling up the trees and cawking like crazy. They fly low and fast over my house and deck.

They seem to increase in number every day.

Will they go away? Why are they here?

HELP!

They will pass through - not more than a few days..........migration or feeding.........they will be gone soon enough!

They will pass through - not more than a few days..........migration or feeding.........they will be gone soon enough!

Thanks! I hope so. I do not like them.

The big crows have been around for weeks. Once I found a dead rabbit by my driveway. I haven't seen any rabbits running around the neighborhood lately....

Whenever someone nearby clears a large area of weeds, prairie, trees it's like Hitchcock's "The Birds" around here for a few days as all the displaced birds are sent fluttering and look for new accommodations. Maybe someone cleared land near your house?

^^^ Hmmm... I don't know. I've noticed the blackbirds and crows building up all summer, but during the last couple of days, it's been a frenzy.

Spring and early summer were nice - lots of regular birds and baby birds, and the rabbits, a few squirrels. Lately the birds seem much more predatory.

It could be that I'm noticing them more since I go outside in the mornings to drink coffee.

The dogs don't seem to mind the influx of birds. The watchdog just follows my lead and doesn't seem to care about the birds themselves. He'll go after a rabbit or a squirrel or cat or a wild animal that doesn't belong around here. Or another dog. :shrugs: