Bio-Oil, has anyone tried this?

fantastic_3

Feb 10, 2007
There was a big article and rave about Bio-Oil and it supposively takes away scars (even operation/surgery marks), stretchmarks, uneven skin tone, aging skin, dehydrating skin, etc.

It says to use it 2 times daily for a minimum of 3 month. I wonder if anyone ever used it and it actually works. I bought it but didn't really follow it regularlly but I wonder it it really works. Anyone know?

I'm using it now after some ladies on the Pregnancy and Parenting forum said it got rid of their stretch marks. I'm hoping it works for me, that's the only thing I have from my pregnancy that hasn't gone away. I lost all my baby weight, they are what I call my "battle scars" and are only on my stomach.

I used it for about a month straight and noticed that the skin where the stretch marks on my butt are got smoother. My boyfriend noticed it as well. But they didn't disappear because i guess they are permanent from gaining & losing weight a few years ago in my teens. I was overall happy with this product & you can't go wrong for $10! In Canada, they sell it at Shoppers Drug Mart & Wal-Mart. I wish they would make a roll-on version of this because i don't like the smell either & i scrub my hands afterwards. I can't figure out what it is though! I'm guessing like an orange peel oil or something buy maybe because its orange! A bottle wastes in no time! I almost finished that bottle in a month or so & i just applied it to my butt & upper thighs! Ohhh i also had a tiny dry patch of skin on my arm and i put the oil on & it went away. I'm scared to use it on my face though in case it cases a breakout!

^May I ask, how old are your stretch marks? I've had mine for years, they're no longer pink but have turned white now. I've heard that nothing will help once they turn white. Did yours go away at all? Mine are on my hips-makes it impossible to wear a bikini top now that I'm actually the size to be able to wear one :sad:

I love bio-oil! It seems to moisturize for much longer than lotion and I'm all kinds of big and preggers right now and so far no stretch marks where I've been using it - my tummy!

^May I ask, how old are your stretch marks? I've had mine for years, they're no longer pink but have turned white now. I've heard that nothing will help once they turn white. Did yours go away at all? Mine are on my hips-makes it impossible to wear a bikini top now that I'm actually the size to be able to wear one :sad:

I've heard they flatten out the stretch marks more. I'm going to start applying it on my stretch marks too. I've only used it on my face and so far so good!

Update:

I hadn't really been looking at the results but I just noticed after this thread that my stretch marks are becoming "lighter" and blending in w/my skin tone, this is actually working, VERY EXCITED.