Bindi Irwin...cutest and sweetest little girl ever!

*Sigh* Me too. One of the reasons I joined this forum was because the members seemed so much 'kinder and gentler' than most folks.

There are nice people here, but there are many, especially in the celebrity section who drop in on a thread to tear someone up or kick them while they're down. Much of the time it's laughable to me, but then there are posts that are just mean. Why?

Well, I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers by my comment. I have nothing against this little girl, but it seems out of line for her to have a clothing line. She's not known for her fashion sense......to me it seemed like she's trying to cash in on her name....and she's just a child, so of course this fashion line idea would have come from someone much older.

If she already had some clothing that sold, fine. I did not know that. But just based on what I read here, I found it odd for her to do such a thing. I too liked Steve Irwin, I'm sure his family is quite nice. I simply stated my opinion, sorry you didn't like it.

Out of line..... that's ridiculous. How many celebrities make the most of what they've been given? I would if I were them. Ride the wave as long as you can. You have....fragrances, makeup lines, clothing lines and many more. They're able to be successful at these things because the public buys them because of the celebrity not because it is necessarily what the celebrity is known for.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but the negativity gets old. There are better ways to say some things.

It takes much more to ruffle my feathers, but you can't be surprised that someone responded to your post.

Well, I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers by my comment. I have nothing against this little girl, but it seems out of line for her to have a clothing line. She's not known for her fashion sense......to me it seemed like she's trying to cash in on her name....and she's just a child, so of course this fashion line idea would have come from someone much older.

If she already had some clothing that sold, fine. I did not know that. But just based on what I read here, I found it odd for her to do such a thing. I too liked Steve Irwin, I'm sure his family is quite nice. I simply stated my opinion, sorry you didn't like it.

Paris Hilton isn't known for actually wearing much clothing (and when she does it seems to be pajamas and tracksuits), yet she's making it for little girls:P

DD101--

She is not pretending to be a sophisticated fashionista.

She is doing a line of safari-inspired childrens clothes...where all of the proceeds go to a good cause.

How many celebs do that?!?!

I think she's adorable, and considering all the pain she and her family has been through, seems to be handling it well.....she would make her dad proud.

She's coming out with a clothing line?
Who isn't?;)
How many celebrities have clothing lines and things of that sort and weren't doing anything remotely close to fashion before that?

I love the Irwins. .
Me too. Honestly, I cried when Steve died. I don't care how lame that makes me.
I think Bindi is awesome and incredibly strong.

I think she's adorable, and considering all the pain she and her family has been through, seems to be handling it well.....she would make her dad proud.
ITA.

I wish they would let her just be a kid, she is too cute and sooooooooooo smart but she needs a childhood !

Who are "they"? I think she is *having* a childhood but clearly a very different one to the average child of her age. She's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (so to speak) loves life, has a passion for animals and has a wonderful mum standing by her. I think she's having a marvelous childhood.:smile:

From talk shows she seems to be a very sweet girl and I am sure she will continue to grow up with the wonderful qualities she has now. The older party girls in HOLLYWOOD should be so lucky to even have one ounce of her spunk, courage and grace. She is a wonderful role model for kids and to have such great parents raise her this way says a lot.

It's actually pretty common for most celeb kids to have clothing lines...Olsen Twins, those Suite Life twins...I'm sure there are more celeb kids that have them or working on them.

I wish they would let her just be a kid, she is too cute and sooooooooooo smart but she needs a childhood !

From everything I have read and seen (although I know that the media can't always be trusted to publish an accurate report!) it's Bindi that wants to be doing all of this.

One Australian newspaper published an article a few months after Steve died, saying that Terry had actually taken her to a psychologist because she thought she was adjusting "too well".

I say good on her. Like many Australians, I cried when Steve Irwin died and Bindi's speech at his memorial service... :crybaby:

100% of the proceeds are going to a conservation program, so if she is "cashing in on her name" it's for a very good cause.

Good for her!! She is such a cute little girl and so brave and intelligente! I saw her show once on animal planet, and it's a great show with a great concept, and she has such a good tv/stage presence, she can keep an audience's attetion. Her Dad would be proud of her!