BIN questions

pr1nc355

Orange Pyramid
O.G.
May 24, 2006
I listed a pair of Hermes shoes I wore just once on ebay last night. A bidder is asking me for a buy it now price because she says she really wants them. I have 9 people watching, 0 bids so far. Is there any consequence to doing this? Should I still have her pay by PayPal, or is it better to do any method of payment? And what's a fair price to ask? The original price was $680, but I got them on sale for about $400. The shoes were worn once, and they don't have any major flaws except small scratches on the leather soles and the scuff marks on the bottom.

If it were me, I'd do a search on completed items and find a price that is fair/competitive that I'm comfortable with and simply ADD a BIN. Then she can take it or leave it, all terms of sale remain the same.
Or, often I'll write the Buyer back and say, "what price did you have in mind?" and sometimes haggle a bit and then add a BIN.

You'll probably find the buyer is after a bargain. Do as has been suggested and see what the average price is and add that as a BIN if you are comfortable accepting that price

Hi , normally when people ask for buy it nows ( if you haven't got one listed ) its a waste of time , unless they are buyers you know , they are looking for a bargain and try it on . If you have 9 watchers in a short time i would be wary about under sellling them , the price check search( as somebody has suggested ) is brilliant way of getting a price .

I agree with H-Addict. I routinely have 8-12 watchers, none of whom actually bid. If I were you, I'd put a BIN number that is a bit higher than you expect. If she wants the shoes that badly, she'll bite. If not, she can bid just like everyone else. Let us know how this turns out!

I had a buyer gave me an offer for BIN. I updated my listing but she never bid. I changed it back and end up it was sold higher than what she asked for. So, you never know.

I have to agree, many buyers nowadays asked for BIN but they never bid. If I put a BIN, I always added "Immediate payment required".