Bill Withers died.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just read. So sad.

2. What is your favorite song?

3. RIP

4. My dad met Bill before he went into Navy and became a popular singer. RIP. His music is legendary.

cocosapphire, i*bella and limom like this.
  5. Hard to pick one. I'm pretty basic:
    Lean on Me
    Lovely Day
    Ain't No Sunshine
    Use Me

6. Lovely day and lean on me especially are my two tops.
    Sad, sad day....

7. Lovely Day is probably my favorite.
    RIP

limom and chloebagfreak like this.
  8. Noooooooooo:sad:
    My all time favorite singer! I listen to his music almost everyday !
    RIP:heart:

prettyprincess and limom like this.
  9. Oh no! My kids grew up singing his songs on our road trips. The one that touches us all is
    “Grandma’s Hands”.

chloebagfreak and limom like this.
  10. From the official site of Bill Withers
    https://billwithers.com/news/bill-withers-music-belongs-forever-to-the-world/

Bill Withers’ Music Belongs Forever to the World.

POSTED ON APRIL 3, 2020 BY MARCIA
    [​IMG]

We are devastated by the loss of our beloved, devoted husband and father. A solitary man with a heart driven to connect to the world at large, with his poetry and music, he spoke honestly to people and connected them to each other. As private a life as he lived close to intimate family and friends, his music forever belongs to the world. In this difficult time, we pray his music offers comfort and entertainment as fans hold tight to loved ones. We know his legacy will live in our hearts and in yours for generations to come.

We will miss his sharp wit, playful sense of humor, and no-nonsense way of turning a phrase as no one else could. He was a deeply proud man, full of integrity and principle, and we as his family are immensely proud of him for sharing his musical and lyrical gifts so elegantly and generously with the world. A master of writing love songs, he loved music, cherished and protected his family, and our love for him is immeasurable.

With Love,

The Withers Family

Weekend shopper, limom and Katel like this.
  11. Very talented, musician. RIP

12. I walked down the aisle to "Just the Two of Us". His beautiful voice is forever in our hearts. RIP Mr Withers.

prettyprincess and limom like this.