Bill me later

I recently added it to my Pay Pal account. I've not used it yet. It's my understanding that a person has 6 months---NO interest to pay for the item. Also, item has to be $99 or more, right? Can a person use Bill Me Later on a $40 item? If not paid in 6 months, then there is interest fees to be paid. Are there other fees that I may not be aware of?

You can use Bill me Later on any item. It is just like a credit card. If it doesn't qualify for the promotion, i.e. is under $99, then you have to pay it in the billing cycle, so you have about a month. For items that qualify for the promotion, as long as you pay in full before it expires, there are no fees.

Bill Me Later is just an online credit card. Anything that you can use PayPal with you can use Bill Me Later. Any charges that are $99 or more will qualify for 6 months interest free. It's not a bad deal if you know you are gonna pay it off in the 6 months.

I was under impression that if the seller does NOT carry Bill Me Later then you cannot use it. Am I right or wrong?

It is part of paypal so if the seller accepts paypal, you can use bill me later as your method of payment. The seller sees it only as a paypal payment. They don't know you used bill me later.

Bill Me Later is just an online credit card. Anything that you can use PayPal with you can use Bill Me Later. Any charges that are $99 or more will qualify for 6 months interest free. It's not a bad deal if you know you are gonna pay it off in the 6 months.

Totally OT but your dog is adorable!

I've never tried Bill Me Later, but if I am not wrong, you must pay a minimum amount every month. if you do not, you get charged a little extra the next month as penalty and it builds up. Also, if you do not pay in full by the end of the duration, you will be charged interest and this interest starts from the first day of purchase (Imagine you bought an Hermes birkin under bill me later 18months. If you do not pay by the end of the 18th month, you get slapped with 18months of interest).

However, if you are confident of paying by the end of the amount and have enough money to pay a little every month, it should be alright. I assume the amount every month would be the full price divided by the number of months. Not quite sure though.

I tend to steer clear of any of PP/Ebays 'great ideas' introduced with my welfare in mind. Their only interests are their bottom lines when it is really my bottom on the line :rtr:

I've never tried Bill Me Later, but if I am not wrong, you must pay a minimum amount every month. if you do not, you get charged a little extra the next month as penalty and it builds up. Also, if you do not pay in full by the end of the duration, you will be charged interest and this interest starts from the first day of purchase (Imagine you bought an Hermes birkin under bill me later 18months. If you do not pay by the end of the 18th month, you get slapped with 18months of interest).

However, if you are confident of paying by the end of the amount and have enough money to pay a little every month, it should be alright. I assume the amount every month would be the full price divided by the number of months. Not quite sure though.
I believe you are wrong. I have tried Bill me later and you don't have to pay a minimum every month if you buy something using the 6 months no payment promotion until the promotion comes due. It is no different than a credit card.
Maybe I should try the Bill ME Later with a $40 item just to see how it works? Is there a penalty if I bought a $40 item as opposed to a $100 item?
The problem with a $40 item is that you don't get the 6 months no payment promotion. It will be due in one month, just like on a credit card. However, there is no penalty and you still get to put off payment for a month.

The main problem I have with Bill me later is that it becomes your default method of payment so you can't decide to use a different credit card if you want. I have never had a problem with this but I feel like it eliminates the opportunity to dispute an item with my credit card company if ebay or paypal don't decide in my favor in a dispute.