Bill Cosby

Of course no one ever knows what they will do in a situation, but it’s not like this is a current occurrence that she hasn’t had time to look back on. He’s been doing it since the 70’s. There comes a time when everyone should have the wherewithal to look at themselves and realize they are not handling things in a healthy way. So yes I do judge her for continuing to stand by, even today claiming “false evidence” when the fact is the man drugged and raped women by his own admission. When someone admits to criminal behavior, that’s when you should be separating yourself from them because otherwise you are condoning that behavior.
I don't really judge her for staying married to him....they're old and have children together - including one who died tragically. But when she gets aggressive on his behalf, that annoys me

I prosecuted sex crimes for nearly ten years. Camille Cosby's behavior & response is actually the norm: denial. I had families where kids went into foster care because mom wouldn't admit the truth that dad or boyfriend had been raping her daughter.
It was actually uncommon (and a miracle when it happened) for a mom to side and protect her child.
I think the offender knows what partner they are picking well before the crime. So while I don't condone her public comments, I am frankly not surprised.
Confident, self assured, mentally healthy women don't have decades long marriages to rapists. It just doesn't happen. I think that may be the point the media and public is missing.

I prosecuted sex crimes for nearly ten years. Camille Cosby's behavior & response is actually the norm: denial. I had families where kids went into foster care because mom wouldn't admit the truth that dad or boyfriend had been raping her daughter.
It was actually uncommon (and a miracle when it happened) for a mom to side and protect her child.
I think the offender knows what partner they are picking well before the crime. So while I don't condone her public comments, I am frankly not surprised.
Confident, self assured, mentally healthy women don't have decades long marriages to rapists. It just doesn't happen. I think that may be the point the media and public is missing.
right....she hitched her wagon to him years ago and had a great life for a long time as a result....so now at age 80 or something she's supposed to see the light?

Reactions: Allisonfaye
That’s so devastating to hear, legaldiva. (Look at bolded).
My post was in no reflection of the victim (s). I never want to impart my personal views on them and tell them how they should act and what they should do when victimized. My post was more regarding the ppl in his circle who knew. Business associates, colleagues etc. Hopefully we eventually become a society where we speak up if we know of a heinous crime happening.

Similar as those who are abused. They typically go back to their abuser.

Per the NYTIMES article:
In their 79-page opinion, the judges wrote that a “non-prosecution agreement” that had been struck with a previous prosecutor meant that Mr. Cosby should not have been charged in the case, and that he should be discharged. They barred a retrial in the case.

• Angry
Reactions: Silverplume