Bill Cosby

I served jury duty for a major case too. I thought it would be fun and my job would pay full wages so why not. It ended up being one of the most difficult things I had to do in my life. It was so physically and mentally draining I had to take a week vacation when it was over. I never ever want to serve on a jury again.
ditto! mental exhaustion. you don't realize how hard it is to listen to people talk all day non-stop until you have to do it, lol. but 2 hour lunch breaks were nice:smile: but never want to do it again, ever

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
I can't believe this pig....

Just days after a mistrial was declared in his sex assault trial, Bill Cosby is planning a motivational speaking tour — to warn young athletes and even “married men” about the dangers of sex crime allegations.

“Mr. Cosby wants to get back to work,” his spokesman Andrew Wyatt said Wednesday on “Good Day Alabama. “

“We’re now planning town halls and we’re going to be coming to this city [Birmingham] sometime in July … to talk to young people because this is bigger than Bill Cosby.”

Cosby is charged with drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University basketball manager Andrea Constand in 2004.

Prosecutors have vowed to retry him.

“This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today, and they need to know what they’re facing when they’re hanging out and partying, when they’re doing certain things that they shouldn’t be doing. And it also affects married men,” Wyatt added with a laugh.

The show’s host Janice Rogers interjected, “Is it kind of a do as I say, not as I do situation?”

FILED UNDER BILL COSBY , SEXUAL ASSAULT

Bill Cosby jury voted 10-2 to convict, juror tells ABC

Ten of the 12 jurors in Bill Cosby's assault trial voted to convict the comedian on two counts of aggravated indecent assault, but the case was declared a mistrial because two people on the panel continued to hold out, a juror told ABC News.

Cosby faced three counts of aggravated indecent assault. The vote was 10-2 to convict him on charges that he digitally penetrated Andrea Constand in January 2004 without her consent, and 10-2 that he gave her drugs that substantially impaired her ability to resist, the juror told ABC on Wednesday.

The vote was 11-1 to acquit Cosby on a charge that he digitally penetrated Constand while she was unconscious or unaware, the juror said.

In criminal cases, verdicts must be unanimous. The judge declared a mistrial Saturday after jurors reported they were hopelessly deadlocked following nearly a week of deliberations.

The juror spoke with ABC News on the condition of anonymity because jurors were told not to comment on the proceedings inside the jury room.
CNN has tried to reach most of the jurors but has not gotten responses from them. On Thursday, the door of one juror's home had a note saying, "NO interviews. Please do not ring bell."

The jury room insight came the same day that the judge presiding over Cosby's trial released the names of the 12 jurors and six alternates in the case.
After requests from media outlets, including CNN, Judge Steven O'Neill decided to release the names, while keeping the jury deliberations confidential, according to a court document released Wednesday.

The document states that a disclosure of anything said or done during deliberations "would have a chilling effect upon future jurors in this case and their ability to deliberate freely."
Prosecutors have said they will retry the case.
The court emphasized that jurors are not allowed to disclose the opinions and thoughts of their fellow jurors as well as any arguments or comments made, or votes cast, by fellow jurors during deliberations.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/us/bill-cosby-jury/index.html

And I hear he was heard saying, "I just need one"...meaning one jury member to hold out. Ugh...He truly makes me sick. Like I said way back in a previous post, he had an interaction with a family member of mine years ago, and he is just a disgusting man and I was really hoping he would get sentenced.

Reactions: yajaira and 30gold
I can't believe this pig....

Just days after a mistrial was declared in his sex assault trial, Bill Cosby is planning a motivational speaking tour — to warn young athletes and even “married men” about the dangers of sex crime allegations.

“Mr. Cosby wants to get back to work,” his spokesman Andrew Wyatt said Wednesday on “Good Day Alabama. “

“We’re now planning town halls and we’re going to be coming to this city [Birmingham] sometime in July … to talk to young people because this is bigger than Bill Cosby.”

Cosby is charged with drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University basketball manager Andrea Constand in 2004.

Prosecutors have vowed to retry him.

“This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today, and they need to know what they’re facing when they’re hanging out and partying, when they’re doing certain things that they shouldn’t be doing. And it also affects married men,” Wyatt added with a laugh.

The show’s host Janice Rogers interjected, “Is it kind of a do as I say, not as I do situation?”

FILED UNDER BILL COSBY , SEXUAL ASSAULT
apparently his ego knows no bounds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-accusers-second-trial-judge-rules/429407002/
Bill Cosby will face up to 5 other accusers at second trial, judge rules

It won't be just Andrea Constand on the stand next month accusing Bill Cosby of sexual assault. The judge presiding over Cosby's retrial ruled that up to five other accusers of the former "America's Dad" will get to tell a jury he drugged and/or raped them, too.

The ruling Thursday by Judge Steven O'Neill in Montgomery County, Pa., was a victory for District Attorney Kevin Steele, the man who has been pursuing TV icon Cosby for more than two years. But it wasn't a total victory.

"The Commonwealth shall be permitted to present evidence regarding five prior bad acts of its choosing," O'Neill's two-page order said. "The balance of the Commonwealth's motion is DENIED."

Steele and the prosecution team wanted to call 19 other accusers, some of the five-dozen women who have come forward since October 2014 to accuse Cosby of drugging and/or sexually assaulting them in episodes dating back to the mid-1960s.

Prosecutors now have to decide which five accusers it wants to put on the witness stand next month. They must let the court and Cosby's defense team know by March 19.

The judge specified prosecutors can pick accusers from the eight women whose accusations date from the 1980s, the most recent of the 19 other accusations against Cosby.

None of these other accusations resulted in criminal charges against Cosby, mostly because they're so old they fell outside the statutes of limitation. Constand's accusation is the only one prosecuted so far; Pennsylvania has an unusually long period — up to 12 years — in which to file sex-crime charges.

"We’re reviewing the Judge’s order and will be making some determinations," said Kate Delano, spokeswoman for the district attorney, in an email to USA TODAY.

"It shows (how) desperate they are and this is a very weak case," said Cosby's spokesman, Andrew Wyatt, in an email to USA TODAY.

Cosby has a new team of lawyers for his retrial and they vigorously fought the move to allow other accusers to testify. They argued prosecutors were looking to bolster a weak case with "ancient allegations" that would confuse and distract jurors in the Me Too era.

The defense team also argued that the "probative" value of other accusers' testimony would be outweighed by its prejudicial damage.

Constand, a former Temple University basketball official, says Cosby drugged and molested her at his home in Montgomery County outside Philadelphia in 2004. He says their encounter was consensual.

Steele sought other accusers to bolster Constand's accusation by establishing a pattern of alleged "prior bad acts" by Cosby. There is no physical evidence of the encounter between Cosby and Constand — she didn't report it until a year later — so the case came down to she-said-he-said.

At the first trial, O'Neill allowed only one other accuser to testify that Cosby assaulted her in Los Angeles in the 1990s.

The result: A hung jury after an 11-day first trial in June 2017. The jury deliberated for five days but failed to reach a unanimous verdict on three charges of aggravated sexual assault. At least one juror said afterward that the problem was "not enough evidence."

Now Cosby is to be retried on Constand's accusations starting April 2 in Norristown, Pa., with jury selection to begin March 29. Judge O'Neill has already ruled against Cosby on a number of his pre-trial motions to dismiss the case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-accusers-second-trial-judge-rules/429407002/
Bill Cosby will face up to 5 other accusers at second trial, judge rules

It won't be just Andrea Constand on the stand next month accusing Bill Cosby of sexual assault. The judge presiding over Cosby's retrial ruled that up to five other accusers of the former "America's Dad" will get to tell a jury he drugged and/or raped them, too.

The ruling Thursday by Judge Steven O'Neill in Montgomery County, Pa., was a victory for District Attorney Kevin Steele, the man who has been pursuing TV icon Cosby for more than two years. But it wasn't a total victory.

"The Commonwealth shall be permitted to present evidence regarding five prior bad acts of its choosing," O'Neill's two-page order said. "The balance of the Commonwealth's motion is DENIED."

Steele and the prosecution team wanted to call 19 other accusers, some of the five-dozen women who have come forward since October 2014 to accuse Cosby of drugging and/or sexually assaulting them in episodes dating back to the mid-1960s.

Prosecutors now have to decide which five accusers it wants to put on the witness stand next month. They must let the court and Cosby's defense team know by March 19.

The judge specified prosecutors can pick accusers from the eight women whose accusations date from the 1980s, the most recent of the 19 other accusations against Cosby.

None of these other accusations resulted in criminal charges against Cosby, mostly because they're so old they fell outside the statutes of limitation. Constand's accusation is the only one prosecuted so far; Pennsylvania has an unusually long period — up to 12 years — in which to file sex-crime charges.

"We’re reviewing the Judge’s order and will be making some determinations," said Kate Delano, spokeswoman for the district attorney, in an email to USA TODAY.

"It shows (how) desperate they are and this is a very weak case," said Cosby's spokesman, Andrew Wyatt, in an email to USA TODAY.

Cosby has a new team of lawyers for his retrial and they vigorously fought the move to allow other accusers to testify. They argued prosecutors were looking to bolster a weak case with "ancient allegations" that would confuse and distract jurors in the Me Too era.

The defense team also argued that the "probative" value of other accusers' testimony would be outweighed by its prejudicial damage.

Constand, a former Temple University basketball official, says Cosby drugged and molested her at his home in Montgomery County outside Philadelphia in 2004. He says their encounter was consensual.

Steele sought other accusers to bolster Constand's accusation by establishing a pattern of alleged "prior bad acts" by Cosby. There is no physical evidence of the encounter between Cosby and Constand — she didn't report it until a year later — so the case came down to she-said-he-said.

At the first trial, O'Neill allowed only one other accuser to testify that Cosby assaulted her in Los Angeles in the 1990s.

The result: A hung jury after an 11-day first trial in June 2017. The jury deliberated for five days but failed to reach a unanimous verdict on three charges of aggravated sexual assault. At least one juror said afterward that the problem was "not enough evidence."

Now Cosby is to be retried on Constand's accusations starting April 2 in Norristown, Pa., with jury selection to begin March 29. Judge O'Neill has already ruled against Cosby on a number of his pre-trial motions to dismiss the case.
It's just so sad!

One of the alternate jurors empaneled in the Bill Cosby retrial admitted Thursday that she believes the disgraced actor to be guilty.

Questioned by Judge Steven T O'Neill as alternate jurors were selected ahead of the retrial, the middle-aged woman admitted that she had formed an opinion about the high profile case.

Pressed as to whether she believed Cosby, 80, to be guilty or innocent of sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004, she said, 'I thought he was guilty.'

Cosby, who has been present throughout jury selection, sat with his mouth agape and appeared visibly shocked by her candor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fourth-day-jury-selection.html#ixzz5BqltA2fr

4ADCC60F00000578-5582511-image-m-23_1522968806532.jpg

4ADCC67800000578-5582511-image-m-22_1522968790531.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/us/bill-cosby-retrial-jury-seated/index.html
Jury seated in Bill Cosby retrial

A jury has been selected in the retrial of Bill Cosby, who faces three counts of aggravated indecent assault.

The 12-person jury consists of seven men and five women. Six of the men are white and one is African American. Four of the women are white and one is African American.

The six alternates consist of four men and two women.

Cosby, 80, has pleaded not guilty to the charges. Opening statements in his retrial in Norristown, Pennsylvania, are scheduled for April 9.

The retrial comes less than a year after his trial ended in a hung jury.

The criminal case centers on Cosby's word against that of Andrea Constand, a former Temple University employee who alleges Cosby drugged and assaulted her in January 2004 at his home near Philadelphia.

At his first trial, defense attorneys tried to poke holes in Constand's version of events and argued that they had a consensual sexual relationship.

If convicted, Cosby could face up to 10 years in prison on each charge.