Biggest pet peeve?

Originally Posted by TravelBug
- family or friends who are cheap to others but generous to themselves, and they expect you to keep giving.

My friends do this and I hate them for it! I het them great gifts for their birthdays and they normally 'forget' about my birthday so this year I made sure the remembered and 3 of them got together and got me such a cheap tacky gift, I was heart broken!
next year I'll be giving them a list of stuff I want for my birthday... It's a cheap and tacky thing to do but hey... they're asking for it!

shu said:
1. People who can't spell (like mentioned earlier). I have a really big problem with it. It breaks my concentration and I think they're uneducated.

2. People who touch my laptop screen. I hate it! It drives me up the wall!

3. People who sit on my CLEAN bed with their dirty sit-on-the-floor pants before I have a chance to put a coverlet on.

4. People who kick or otherwise push my chair either at the movies or on a plane.

5. People who don't flush the toilet!!!

1. sorry!! I know I have a problem with my spelling but I moved (from london) to Holland when I was 11 and had to learn Dutch... It's really messed up my english!! but please don't think uneducated :smile:
2. I hate this too!
5. even worse... when someone (male) come's round to my house, and DOESN'T put the toilet seat down after going to the toilet!! = NOT GOOD!!! NOT GOOD AT ALL!!

Good thread!

I'm pretty easy going for the most part, but the one thing I've reacted to badly since childhood is being told how to live my life on any level. Any sentence which starts out with the words "You should ..." gets my rankles up beyond retrieval! :mad:

Oh goodie ... I got to use the Devil Face! :biggrin:

Things I Despise:

1. I hate being around rude people or anyone that has no manners (i.e. they don't say "thank you" when you do them a favor, hold a door open for them, etc). It's almost as if they expect you to perform these acts of kindness.

2. I really hate people who are self obsessed and feel the need to brag about themselves 24/7. For example, they'll ask what you're up to these days and before you can finish your thought, they jump in and try to outdo you. They really need to get over themselves.

3. Pathological liars: this obvious character flaw goes beyond the mere white lie or an occasional excuse/lie to get yourself out of a potentially horrible situation. Lying has truly become a way of life for this type of liar and what's even more scary is that begin to believe their own lies.

4. The grand finale: people that are inconsiderate of others who live around them (this could be as simple as people failing to pick up after themselves or leaving garbage/crap in common areas to being loud and obnoxious into the wee hours of the night).

I totally needed to vent. Thanks for providing me the opportunity to do so nextnewface!

diva lee said:
Things I Despise:

1. I hate being around rude people or anyone that has no manners (i.e. they don't say "thank you" when you do them a favor, hold a door open for them, etc). It's almost as if they expect you to perform these acts of kindness.

2. I really hate people who are self obsessed and feel the need to brag about themselves 24/7. For example, they'll ask what you're up to these days and before you can finish your thought, they jump in and try to outdo you. They really need to get over themselves.

3. Pathological liars: this obvious character flaw goes beyond the mere white lie or an occasional excuse/lie to get yourself out of a potentially horrible situation. Lying has truly become a way of life for this type of liar and what's even more scary is that begin to believe their own lies.

4. The grand finale: people that are inconsiderate of others who live around them (this could be as simple as people failing to pick up after themselves or leaving garbage/crap in common areas to being loud and obnoxious into the wee hours of the night).

I totally needed to vent. Thanks for providing me the opportunity to do so nextnewface!

diva lee, Your response is similar to what I'm thinking, it's uncanny! :blink:

Thanks for typing it all out and articulating my pet peeves too.

annemerrick said:
When people say "like" all the time while they are talking....
Example: So the other day I was like going to the grocery store and I couldn't believe it when I saw my friend. She was like so suprised to see me, like I couldn't believe I just ran into her out of the blue....etc, etc, etc.....
:yes: Like I completely like agree with you. Why do people feel the need to like punctuate like every sentence with " like" ? Like sooooo annoying. Like it like grates on my nerves :biggrin: Sorry couldn't help it.
I get annoyed when people say "me and so-and-so" did this- I can't help myself but correct them- " So-and-So and I" ( I correct total strangers as well).
Pictures of J.Lo's butt/gossip columnists going o and on about how great it is etc. is a major peeve- I can't,for the life of me, work out what the big deal is about it. It's huge and protruding.

Two biggest peeves:

- People who ignore other people's space on crowded places. Like leaning ones seat back very very far on an airplane when you know you're inconveniencing the person behind you. Or people who talk in movies... grow up and wait for it come on DVD if you think you need a dialog going!

- People who have private conversations in public places. It doesn't even have to be gross or dirty, I just don't want to overhear you and you probably don't want to overhear me (unless you're an avid poster of overheardinnewyork.com).

I have a bunch but I can only remember these:
-When kids' hair-cutting places spell their name like Kidz Kutz or Kiddie Cutz or not the right way. grr just thinking about it annoyes me! If you can't even spell right, why should we trust you to use scissors???

-When ppl don't close the doors if they were closed. Especially in kitchens. I hate when someone leaves the cupboard open.

-When ppl start conversations like "Wow, you've gotten taller" NO WAY!!! I think that I noticed! Thats not even a good conversation starter. All you can say back is "Yeah"

-Ppl who leave things (receipts, fliers) in grocery carts. Plz just take them out! It's not that hard.

It's really interesting reading everyone elses!

*smokers: they stink and so does their disgusting habit. I HATE it when they flick their butts out the car window or just drop them on the sidewalk/street.:mad: I could go on and on about smokers!

*people who chew gum (it looks and sounds horrible.)

*folks who don't realize the left lane on the highway is meant for passing.

*people who still pay with checks at a register, especially express lanes.

*people who use the self-checkout lanes and pay with cash & change.

*people chatting away on their cell phones in public (specifically places like the nail salon, restaurants, retail stores, etc.) What the heck did we do before cell phones!?!

and as someone else stated...young kids with those sneakers that turn into rollerskates in stores/parking lots.