Biggest pet peeve?

First -- all the pet peeves described above -- OMG -- you make me realize how little I have to put up with in this life -- any and all of the things you all mentioned would make me want to #@$%*

I have tons of pet peeves myself, being rather "sensitive" on my good days -- irritable -- most of the time --

But off the top of my head --

Boomcars. Makes me want to scream. I once actually stood on the sidewalk and gave one the third finger salute -- which shows how rude and stupid I can be myself.

Weedwackers and leaf blowers -- the noise is horrific . It is unconscionable that lawn and garden machinery should be allowed to make so much noise!!!!!

People talking in movies. Here too I once lost it -- before I knew what I was doing, I turned around and said "SHUT UP!" (Someone else sitting nearby immediately said "Yeah!!")

Gum left on the floor in movie theaters.

People who ride bikes (really fast) on the trails, and people and who let their (giant) dogs off their leashes in the woods behind our house even though there are clearly posted signs saying that neither is permitted.

Our neighbor across the street who hardly ever mows and doesn't take care of his lawn at all. All around him the yards are well cared for. His is a total weedy scaggy blight. BTW he is a Minister.

Well, that's enough venting for right now.

I have tooo many litterally, the odd ones are stuff like i cannot stand people listening to my convosations, i dont care what it is im talking about they only hear half the story and its so rude, im so padantic about it that o cannot even order pizza without hiding im my room so noone hears!!!! I hat people who buy and wear fake and pretend they are real, or are compleatly ignorant about it, ive had so many debates about it with my friends, i hate it when they laugh when i say its not far to the designer!(i plan to be a designer one day) and they will be happy to take my creations of my hands without a pricetag! I hate it when people talk and listen to music(ipod, earphones) at the same time!!! I cannot stand people with lisps, or with unusual voices i.e. nasal, very deep etc. i know they cant help it but i cant stand it!! i hate it when things are prices $19.95 im allways insulted when they come back with 5 cents ater ive spent like $200 and i hate waiting for it as well i fell cheap like i need that 5cents back and i feel its rude to walk away from the salesperson without thanking them and saying have a nice day too!! i hate it when people talk abotu themselves in third person? why? why? why? !!! i have so many more thier are way to many to list

ewwwww. iono why i said that?

I have some.. its late, im bored so im gonna make a list =]

-- I hate when people open bags of chips or something upside down.
-- I hate when people put ketchup all over fries im sharing with them.
-- I hate when people wear handbags as shoulder bags, unless theyre meant to be worn both ways like the spy bag.
-- I hate when people walk into LV with a fake LV.
-- I hate when people some people get too cocky or too anything.
-- I hate when MA's at MAC, or SA's at LV etc, treat me different because im a guy actually looking to buy one of their products for personal use.
-- I haaaaate when my mom thinks im gay, even though I am?
-- I hate when people ask me what cologne, or lotion I use, just so they could buy it and smell like me!
-- I hate when my mom touches all our LV items, even though they are her purses and she paid for them?
-- I hate when people think im materialistic ;[
-- I hate when people "Mad dog"
-- I hate when peoples sunglasses go up when they smile, because theyre cheeks hit the frames and lifts them.
-- I hate when people ask or use my lipgloss!!! sickkkk.
-- I hate when theres more than one person with the same bag in one area!
-- I hate when bags get dirty.. treat your bag like a temple =]
-- I HAAAATE when my mom tells me to shut up in Tagalog, when shes buying a purse, saying im interrupting them?
-- I hate when people say im wearing make up out loud..

I think im done for now.

ZooMom,that is also a big pet peeve of mine and one my kids hear about endlessly!It seems like my son is independent until I get on the phone,and then it's "Moooom,I'm thirsty!Mooooom,I wanna play PS2!"and ,of course,he yells it from the other room!!! My friends say I'm a big snob because I have SO MANY pet peeves,here are just a few:

*I can't stand it when people use horrible grammar.I work with a girl like this and I'm always correcting her (in a joking way,of course).She says things like "I could care less".I tell her,if you COULD care less,that means you already care SOME,which defeats the purpose of what you're trying to say!

*I cannot stand that messy,asymmetrical in the back,in your eyes in the front,all-black haircut that Indie guys are getting right now.Guys,it was ugly in the 80's when Duran Duran did it,and it's ugly now!

*I'm an Optician,and you cannot IMAGINE how many people do not get sun protection for their eyes,even though they KNOW the sun is very damaging to their retinas! I make a point to tell every patient about UV damage tot he eyes,and they act like wearing a hat will protect them.I also cannot stand when people are admittedly "very hard on their glasses",yet do not invest in a backup pair! Those are the SAME people who are back at our store 2 months later complaining that their lenses are scratched to hell!GRRR! Why not invest in the health of your eyes?

Breyana said:
*I can't stand it when people use horrible grammar.I work with a girl like this and I'm always correcting her (in a joking way,of course).She says things like "I could care less".I tell her,if you COULD care less,that means you already care SOME,which defeats the purpose of what you're trying to say!

Arghhh, the "could care less" thing really irriates me too!

Oh venting feels so good -- I'm back for more!

I hate when men at the gym wear tee shirts that are sweaty in the spinning room -- it just stinks. Almost as bad -- laundered tee shirts that were dried with that intensely smelly softener so when they sweat it is enough to make you gag!!!

People who sweat on the exercise bikes and weight machines and then just get up and leave their sweat on the machine. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Seeing women in the locker room who are overweight -- crammed into too tight pants, with their overly-made-up faces two inches from the mirror as they apply the finishing touches to their overly curled lashes. It's not the overweight -- it's the way they dress and make themselves up that is so freakish and annoying. I suppose I should ask myself why it bothers me so much . . .

Bad grammar and using words incorrectly. Puns that aren't funny. Doggerel of all kinds. People laughing at jokes that aren't funny as a manifestation of their own insecurity or sucking up to the person who made the bad joke.

Wow, I am really a B+*TH today!!

OK, one more pet hate. I hate seeing men at the traffic light picking their noses, and, wait for it, also EATING it. That is sooooo gross, I want to tell them they are disgusting. I am also not impressed if I see my kid's friends doing it, so much so that I have told my kids , if they eat their bogies, they will get worms! ( And I'll get Pinocchio's nose for lying!)

Okay. Here's what I hate:

- When people crack their gum (I've said it here before. My mother did it and it traumatized me, I'm sure). Drives me INSANE!

- Rude people in general.

- Being in a public restroom and seeing someone walk out without washing their hands. Even AFTER having a very polite conversation with you about the weather, your bag, the high price of gas, whatever. It's not even that they think you won't notice because they've just won you over with such a brilliant conversation - they just DON'T CARE! Ewwwwww.......NASTY.

- Most things that have to do with spit. I don't mean baby spit or even kissing, for that matter. I mean people who spit on the ground or clear phlegm from their throats. Makes me want to throw up.

- People who litter. My husbands cousins wife once asked me to drop an entire HUGE bag of McDonalds trash out of the car window. IS SHE CRAZY?!?! I wanted to slap her. Oh, and her home? IT'S IMMACULATE!

- People in general who always have to be first at everything they do. They usually drive like maniacs, will trample you at the movie theater, grocery store or going thru any door. You know the type. And if you're one of them - YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT. SLOW DOWN and let someone else be first at something. It shows humility.

- People who mistake kindness for weakness. I've erased ALL such people from my life.

- Men who wear white socks (or any socks for that matter) with sandals. On what exact planet is that considered fashion?!?!

- I can't stand when people sit around and gossip. And people who are nosy and ask a lot of questions either about you or about someone you know. Get a life.

- Generic brands of anything in the grocery store. I'm a food snob.

- When the person working the register at a store yells out, "I'll take the next person in line" after opening up another register and EVERYONE IN THE STORE dashes over to the open register even though they WERE NOT NEXT! Multiple idiots here: The person working the register and everyone who makes a dash for it (please refer back to the 6th thing I hate).

Whew! This was fun! I'm sure there are more things that I consider to be a pet peeve but I'll stop here. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm back again.

Hate it when people are surly or unkind to wait staff, or overly precise in specifying what they want, as in "Make sure it's very hot." (coffee) "Warm the cup." And then, after drinking most of it pouring the bit that's left into the saucer to make sure that the refill will not be diluted by the remaining spoonful or two of coffee in the cup.

This person also dips her napkin into her water glass to clean a stain. She has also even dipped her napkin in MY water glass when hers was empty -- to clean a stain or wipe her mouth before reapplying lipstick.

She has sent meat back REPEATEDLY when it wasn't rare enough/dry enough/lean enough. OK, once in a while we get something really below par and we should let it be known. But this goes on ALL THE TIME. This person has also lifted her plate to pour the unwanted juice from her meat in to her water glass. I kid you not. I could not make this up.

I hate Yiddish words thrown into conversation unless it is done really cleverly. (I am Jewish. Or was. . .)

If I keep going I will probably start remembering years of family history and petty grievances that are not really on the subject of "pet peeves." This thread is fun but borders on the incendiary!

Wow, I have so many, so I can't think of them all, but I'll take a few here
*People Who Write Like This.. I find that even worse than pEoPlE wHo WrItEs LiKe ThIs, and when I see posts by people who does that here (I'm not mentioning nicks) I just have to ignore it as I truly find it so annoying.
*People who puts their seat backs on airplanes and buses. Okay, I know I might be cheap for not buying business class tickets or something, but most of the places I fly is domestic with only one class, and I've never taken a bus with first- or business class:P I find it truly uncomfortable since it makes the small space that was there smaller.
*The norwegian education system. It will take a lot of explaining why, but imagine some hippie blend of "equality for everybody" where bright students are actually held back instead of being encuraged to do something about their skills.
*People who drives slowly when I have to get somewhere fast.
*People who smokes in front of me, like for example on the bus stop. I am allergic or something to cigarettes, so I feel like vomiting every time I smell it, and I shouldn't have to be exposed to it in a public place where I have just as much right to be as they are.
*That elux doesn't ship abroad - (if elux-people are reading this:smile:HELLO, THERE ARE PEOPLE IN EUROPE WITHOUT A NM OR BUTIQUE WITHIN A FEW HOURS REACH, AND WE ARE WILLING TO PAY LOTS OF CASH FOR NOT HAVING TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO SHOP!

guccigoo said:
people making assumptions about me when they do not even know me....or make assumptions about other people and want to discuss with me......I just hate that.....I hate judging people or making assumptions - not my nature......not cool at all.....

i hate that as well!!

sparkles48 said:
I hate it when people tYpE lIkE tHis (gosh just doing that gives me a headache :wacko:) or Decide To Capitalize Every Single Word In Their Sentences. I don't mean to be a capitalization nazi, but I just don't get it! It takes twice as long to type (let alone read) that than to type normally. Am I missing something? :blink:

my god!!! so true!! i hate it when people do that too... but this REALLY made me laugh out loud :smile:
HaHaHaHa ;)