Biggest mm size you'd go in watch?

I was very reluctant to do this last July because of the economy. I was concerned that the store might go out of business. But I see that the main jeweler has received a ton of awards and they have been in business for over 100 years! So I'm saving for my 10% deposit to put down. They will hold watch in store. And I will continue to make monthly payments. Depending on my work schedule will determine how soon I'll be able to get it out. This is for the blue air king - size 34 mm - with orange numbers!

I have a couple of 40mm and love them, its definatly a matter of choice and what feels right. I just cant wear small watches my husband has a Franck Muller King Conquistador i dont know what size it is but its huge and doesnt fit on my wrist.

Hokaplan - I wouldn't dare to venture into anything bigger than 31mm. Just want to make sure that my watch is still a classic after 10, 20 years. HA!

I was at the authorised dealer 2 days ago and saw the Datejust with diamond bezel in real life although I have seen it on the website. It comes with oyster bracelet. I think chessmont has one. I tried it and now can't get it out of my head but too bad it's a 36mm. You might want to consider that.

What about the Cellini collection?

Attachments

• Datejust 36mm YG and SS diamond bezel.JPG
    Datejust 36mm YG and SS diamond bezel.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Hokaplan - I wouldn't dare to venture into anything bigger than 31mm. Just want to make sure that my watch is still a classic after 10, 20 years. HA!

I was at the authorised dealer 2 days ago and saw the Datejust with diamond bezel in real life although I have seen it on the website. It comes with oyster bracelet. I think chessmont has one. I tried it and now can't get it out of my head but too bad it's a 36mm. You might want to consider that.

Yes I have the SS with the pink flower dial, but with the jubilee bracelet... I have a couple awful pics posted somewhere I can't remember what thread (awful meaning I take bad pics)

-oh I 'think' it is in the thread about someone asking about MOP dials, alomg with one of my watches 'with' a MOP dial.

I think the Cellini line is beautiful. I dithered for months over getting one, but ended up with a Panerai instead. Talk about other end of the spectrum!

Last edited:

you ladies are right about going further than a 31mm especially as we get older, big watches might not look that great on us.

but ive got it all planned out, i am going for the 36mm datejust and i have another 20 years ahead before i reach 50. by then, i shall just pass it down to my kids! :P

My biggest watch is my Maurice Lacroix Moon Phase. It has a 35mm case. 35mm is most definitely my limit as I have a very small wrist and aesthetically I think the smaller the better. Most of my watches are more petite.

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 256