Biggest fashion pet peeves?

My BIGGEST pet peeve.....
138498150.jpg

:throwup: And even worse when they are DIRTY!! Omg. Gross.

of course I have soooo many more, but that is seriously the one that I cringe at when i see them!

HAHA! Thank you! Anything platform drives me nuts, but particularly so if it's a pair of flip-flops.

1. jeans that are hemmed too short or left too long (i.e. jessicca simpson)
2. clear plastic bra straps worn with spaghetti strap tops/dresses (hello! i can still see the straps!!! why not wear a strapless bra??)
3. bubble hemline skirts/dresses
4. crocs on adults (i suppose on kids it's ok)
5. visible pantylines
6. lowrise jeans with underwear showing
7. tops/dresses that tie around the waste in the back
8. wearing too many patterns/multi colors from head to toe
9. dirty shoes
10. unmanicured toenails when wearing open toed shoes
11. major boob spillage

To preface this, I just got off work (I bartend, so I get to do a lot of peoplewatching), and we had kind of a strange wedding party in one of our banquet rooms. We do a lot of weddings, so I get to see a lot of people looking their best, but this one was really weird because almost NO ONE out of the several hundred people in attendance looked good, even though everyone had clearly tried (someone showed up in a freaking t-shirt and slacks, for crying out loud :wtf:).

So it sort of got me thinking about my biggest fashion pet peeves, and I'm curious to know if anyone else agrees or if I'm just a lunatic for letting stuff like this bug me.

1) I have no rational explanation for this, but it drives me crazy when someone's pants are too short. Unless you're wearing capris or a style that's intended to be a bit shorter, the bottom of your pants should fall almost to the ground. I can't tell you how many people I see every day wearing boot-cut jeans absolutely grates on my nerves.

2) Brown or navy with black will forever and always make me cringe. Even if it is a conscious decision, to me it just looks like someone got lazy or was in a hurry and thought no one would notice.

3) When women wear shirts that already have a clear and definite space for the breasts, but whose breasts are too large to actually fit into those spaces. If there is a seam running across the MIDDLE of your boobs, the shirt is just too small. No matter how badly you wish otherwise.

So now that I've ranted for a few minutes, I want to hear what bothers everyone else so I don't feel like such a nutcase for letting this stuff actually get to me.

Does "smell" count as a fashion pet peeves???

I was just at the bookstore with someone who had a major BO.... ewww!!! I think no matter how great one tries to look but if he/she reeked of BO.... yikes I'd won't even get close enough to notice the fashion!:tdown:

There are a lot for me, but Crocs are not one of them - I think they can be okay for watery areas: garden, beach etc. And I think there are exceptions for people who don't know better or who shouldn't have to worry about fashion anymore (old grandmas etc), but for everyone else, here's my list:

1) Empty belt loops if you can see them.
2) Using a ratty old "status" shopping bag to hold lunch, papers etc
3) Sweats as regular clothes - especially those with the bum messages
4) Too much exposed skin (cleavage, mid-riff, thigh, feet) at the office
5) Visible undies or undie outlines - especially under tight clothing so that it bulges a bit
6) Pants or Jeans that are so long they slide under your feet when you wear strappy shoes or sandals
7) Wearing a suit jacket as a blouse - at least put a cami under it!
8) Wrinkly clothing
9) Wearing runners and socks with office wear while commuting.
10) Curlers whether under a scarf or not
11) Wearing a purse across the body when it is not a messenger bag, or when the strap is too short
12) Outdoor (Eddie Bauer style) jackets over skirts / dresses

My BIGGEST pet peeve - and a condition that affects a number of women here in Vancouver is the need to wear yoga pants ALL the time! To go shopping, to the grocery store, to Starbucks, to school, to a restaurant...

Please! Yoga pants should not be worn when:
a) You are not on your way to or from yoga or pilates
b) You have never stepped foot in a yoga studio

Before I list my own pet peeves, I must admit I'm guilty of both these charges!! I wear yoga pants all the time, trying to substitute the lack of a Juicy trackie. LOL

My biggest pet peeve is people who feel the need to wear a whole jewelery set (earrings, necklace, bracelet) and don't notice it's already too much. My roomate has this problem big time! And she still tries to push me into it, too. Oh, and ladies who wear open-toed shoes with stockings.

Crocs- I see alot of them these days. Unless you are gardening/washing the car/ taking out trash u should just not go there!!!

Fake bags...need I say more

People with the wrong colour foundation for their skin, and BAD fake tans

White socks with suits

1. jeans that are hemmed too short or left too long (i.e. jessicca simpson)
2. clear plastic bra straps worn with spaghetti strap tops/dresses (hello! i can still see the straps!!! why not wear a strapless bra??)
3. bubble hemline skirts/dresses
4. crocs on adults (i suppose on kids it's ok)
5. visible pantylines
6. lowrise jeans with underwear showing
7. tops/dresses that tie around the waste in the back
8. wearing too many patterns/multi colors from head to toe
9. dirty shoes
10. unmanicured toenails when wearing open toed shoes
11. major boob spillage

I think this mistake is mostly committed by women with fuller breasts. I guess it's hard to find a strapless bra that can support well, so they wear these for added lift. :confused1:

As for my hatest fashion pet peeve, wearing ankle socks with sandals/heels/open-toes.:Push:

Socks with sandals of any kind!
Dogs as accesories. Those poor animals get jostled around in a purse all day!
Trucker hats...those days are over.
Bra straps as necklaces....those days are over too.
Pleated , tapered pants. These type of pants need to stop being produced!
Black bras with white/light colored shirts. This is not sexy!
Regular bras with halter/tube tops. If you can't handle a strapless bra then you can't wear the shirt!

1. Women who are larger, but insist on wearing unflattering pants that give them the "butt in the front" look. Dress for the body you have right now. Not the body you want to have.

2. Overalls and/or head to toe denim. No need to look like a demented farmer.

3. People who just don't dress their age. I think you can look age appropriate and still sexy but why would you want to share clothing with your 13 year old daughter? That is just strange to me.

4. Tanorexics. Enough said.

5. People who think "trashy" is actually sexy. There is a difference. Really.

6. People who won't dress for their body type.

7. People who are sloppy. Take some pride in your apperance and leave the slippers at home where they belong.

8. People who wear these tiny little purses as "messanger" bags. These look out of proportion on everyone and it isn't a good look.

1. Cracks
2. Underwear (like that lovely picture of the plaid boxers)
3. T shirts with writing/pictures in public (yes, you look like a tourist, and you'll be treated like one, too)
4. Open toed shoes with dirty/unkempt feet
5. Inappropriate attire--jeans at the theater, flip flops and short shorts in religious houses during holiday services, flip flops nearly anywhere other than the beach and especially with dressy clothes (and the chick who wore them to the WHITE HOUSE is also a no-no)
6. Fanny packs

...I could go on and on