big "statement watch" Leather band or just metal?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I found a men's hamilton watch rose gold with a brown leather band. It's big(ish) and beeeutiful, but kinda pricey (about $675). The question is, with the big chunky statement watch trend, seems like most of the fashion blog type photos I see are with metal band watches.

What do you think? Would a brown leather band watch have the same statement "zing" as the metal band watches?

I found some metal ones that I liked okay, but, for whatever reason this one was saying "buy ME!" However for that much money I don't want one that will look not-so-in next year.

Opinions???
    Thanks!

2. No opinions? What is this TPF or what? Usually if I post a question (re: bags or clothes) I get more opinions than I want!

Hahahaha!!!
    :P

3. Oh, I didn't know it was a trend! LOL!!

I've just bought myself the Guess Ladies "Prism Squared' rose gold plated stone set case with a white strap. I looked at watches with metal straps but decided I prefer leather - for comfort mostly.

The watch is huge! 35mm diameter and I'm not tiny by any means.
    Am I trendy?! :biggrin:

Attached Files:

4. Oh well yeah.. .a cartier would be nice :P

Actually, I have a small tank from years ago and I still wear it often and love it. But it is sleek and minimal. . .I'm going for some umph (without the OUCH so I'm NOT looking at Cartier or Rolex! haha!!)

Here's one very similar to the one I like--this one is the larger size (44m) and has the date, the one I like is 37m without the date (wish it had it, though, but I have bird-wrists and the 44 is hilarious on me) But other than the date, it looks identical. Oh, and the one I like is a quartz, not automatic (a plus in my book.)
    hamiltonbig.jpg

5. I love that Hamilton! I think you should go for it!

Leather bands are just beautiful and they are so comfortable.

And as for trendy, I just buy what I really love. If it's trendy and out of style in a few years, then so be it -- but for the most part that hasn't happened at all and it wouldn't stop me from wearing something I love anyway. :biggrin:

6. I would not worry about trendy. The watch is a classic and always will be. My question is whether you are comfortable with a leather band or you like the looseness (bracelet style)
    you can get with the all metal band. I quit wearing leather strap watches because in the summer the bands tightness would drive me crazy and those watches aren't meant to be loose.
    It is a very handsome watch!

7. love it!! I would go for this one. Where do they sell this watch at?

8. I like the leather bands on large watches! The Hamilton models seem to look so classic on the leather band.

9. I went back today and actually. . .in the smaller size 37m they only have a brown face. . .i had looked at a brown face and loved it but somehow remembered it as white?

Anyway, Hamilton watches are for sale online or at dealers. This dude was a dealer but he was asking $675 for a watch that amazon has for $519. . .so I told him that (I really prefer to shop locally and I wanted to give him a shot to at least come close) and he discounted to where, with tax it as only $548. Close enough for me!! So I have it on now!

I'm wearing it loose "bracelet style" if you will, even though it's a leather band--no other option with superskinny wrists like mine! but I think it still looks cool.

I tried to get a good pix wearing it but I'm struggling. Here is what it looks like--i took this pic off a website (I don't know if you can tell on the photo but the face is kind of a combo copper/metallic brown and in the center a flatter brown. The gold is a rose gold color)

hamiltonbrown.jpg

10. I love it! The rose gold is really lovely with the brown color! I have a roadster and I have ordered a brown croc band that is about the same color as yours. I think leather bands are very beautiful...Great choice!