Big Rave for New Hard Candy Polishes at Walmart

Feb 26, 2006
Hard Candy left Sephora last year, but the brand has been revived and a new line has launched at Walmart. Included in the 120 plus items in the new line, there are the nail polishes (which Hard Candy was so known for). The new polishes come in 16 fun shades. They are $5 each and even still come with the little matching ring. I bought three colors entirely on a whim yesterday: Lava, Sweet P, and Mr. Wrong. I love them! I am wearing Mr. Wrong, and it is one of the most unique colors of my entire polish collection. It's a smoky purple that contains silver and gold shimmer. It dries to a foil finish. Fabulous! The formula on these is really good. It's a smidge on the thick side, but it isn't goopy or runny. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. I'll update on the wear, but no trouble so far.

Hard Candy left Sephora last year, but the brand has been revived and a new line has launched at Walmart. Included in the 120 plus items in the new line, there are the nail polishes (which Hard Candy was so known for). The new polishes come in 16 fun shades. They are $5 each and even still come with the little matching ring. I bought three colors entirely on a whim yesterday: Lava, Sweet P, and Mr. Wrong. I love them! I am wearing Mr. Wrong, and it is one of the most unique colors of my entire polish collection. It's a smoky purple that contains silver and gold shimmer. It dries to a foil finish. Fabulous! The formula on these is really good. It's a smidge on the thick side, but it isn't goopy or runny. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. I'll update on the wear, but no trouble so far.
Sounds great, be sure to post a pic in the nail polish thread!

Your purple polish sounds really nice!! Would you be able to post pictures on the Beauty Bar thread? There's a thread of "what nailpolish are you wearing" that members post their photos...

We love to drool and admire!! :biggrin: Would love to see your purple nails!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can. I've been trying to get a good pic for my blog, but it's been cloudy all week. I wanted to take the pic in good lighting.

I want to try some other items from the line. They have a concealer palette like the MUFE one. I've also read the liquid eyeliners are really nice.

Until I post a pic of my own, you can see swatches of some of the colors at: http://www.stephscloset.com/blog/beauty/2009/10/646/hard-candy-just-nails-swatches-review/

Sounds good, ACL!! Mr. Wrong looks really cool!!

The Lava looks really cool too - great for Halloween!!

I didn't see Lava on Steph's swatches... That sounds really cool though!

Can't wait to see your photos! Thanks for the link!! :biggrin:

I am on day four of wearing it, and it is just as you see in the picture. Not a bit of wear or a chip in sight. I did scrub the inside of my kitchen sink before I took that picture for what it's worth. Of course, using a good base coat and top coat probably helps.

Just posted this to my blog. I figured I'd share it here:

Wal-Mart has finally added the new Hard Candy line to their website. However, some items are mislabeled, and the nail polish colors are not identified by their names. Rather, they are identified by vague descriptions of their base colors, which may make it hard to pick the right one. So, I took the liberty of identifying the colors for you. First listed what the website is calling it, and the actual color name is after the equal sign:

Navy=Mr. Right
Pink=Pretty in Pink
Deep Purple=Rumor Mill
Yellow=Slendid
White Pearl=Sugar Daddy
Teal=Frenzy
Betrayed (This one is obviously mislabeled.)=Fishnet
White=Break Up
Rose=Date Night
Pink (They labeled two as pink! This is the paler pink.)=Hypnotic
Orange=Lava
Lime=Sweet P
Purple=Hot Pants
Periwinkle=Mr. Wrong
Green=Envy
Black=The End

I hope this helps in the event you decide to order from Walmart.com.