Big purple puddly bag-HELP

vixnkitten

Bag problem? Who me?
O.G.
Jun 18, 2007
OK ladies....total Ignes newb here.....thought I would start a new thread so that I could get some advice.

I have written to ignes and asked about the current purples available and about what bags would be great for me.

Just a little background...I love BIG bags that pool and puddle and don't have much structure. I am wanting something purple, more deep purple, wine is OK, aubergine is better.....prefer shine/gloss but the wear on the corners scares me...so maybe matte???

Love beautilicous (is that right???) pix of her Josephine in royal purple. I also like the pix I saw of the josephine with the chain handle like on the Cecilia....

Any input??? Hit me with your suggestions!!!

Ummm.....Euridice...did you add that big puddle of purple to your avi for ME???? It is gorgeous!!!:graucho:

Welcome!!!

Oooo so fun! Purple, my fav too. Great to have another purple fan around. If you love a big pool of leather wonder, then Emilia is a style you should consider. I just asked for swatches of purples from Ignacio, so I can help in a bit. Others will know better.

I think the biggest puddly bag Ignes has is the Emilia. The josephine max is smaller. The sophia full size, if you make it without reinforcement ( see Lionlaw's Mr puddles) is also a big puddling bag, but has a little more structure. The Emilia is big, but it slouches a lot, so once you wear it, you dont feel is so big. But I think the Emilia or the Sophia without reinforcement are your best options.

I think the biggest puddly bag Ignes has is the Emilia. The josephine max is smaller. The sophia full size, if you make it without reinforcement ( see Lionlaw's Mr puddles) is also a big puddling bag, but has a little more structure. The Emilia is big, but it slouches a lot, so once you wear it, you dont feel is so big. But I think the Emilia or the Sophia without reinforcement are your best options.

There you have it from the designer of Emilia...biggest puddliest bag Ignes carries, thanks to our lovely NBL. This bag is such a GREAT addition to the product line. I love it and cannot wait to get my own pewter puddle (saving now ;) )

Hi, Vixn!

I agree with No Cute and newbaglover (of course!). I will say, that puddly also depends on what leather you use. Lionlaw's Chiara, from what I remember reading, holds its shape really well, but mine is in tinted chocolate so it's quite smooshy and very comfy for travelling, etc.

But yeah, in terms of styles, Sofia (the bigger, the smooshier, and unreinforced helps), Josephine max, and the uber smooshy Emilia are good bets. There is also the Millie Max, which is just a folded-over sack.....it can show off a divine leather divinely!

LEather permitting, I think you could smoosh with a Chiara (and mini Chiara?) and a Carla. You can slouch, but probably not smoosh, with an Ormala, even, to give the formal structured style some edge!!

I need to charge my camera, and I will try to take pics tonight of the Josephine in forest green smoosh and Chiara in tinted chocolate to give you an idea of whether you like their kind of smoosh.

Vixn,

I'm glad you wrote to Ignacio about the purples. I know for a fact he has some that have not been formally launched and he told me he was refreshing the leathers available throughout the season.

I sent him an email yesterday asking what purples are available and if a purple in tinted leather existed, and my email bounced back earlier this afternoon, saying do not re-send they will keep trying to deliver it. I was floored that I had not gotten a reply from Ingacio!!!

I asked for a lighter purple or lavender, and within a day he had found on the left, a lighter purple, and the other two in the pic are a patent and a metallic sheen type purples. (oh and on the right blue #705, my answer to BE cobalt).

purple_ignes.jpg

I sent him an email yesterday asking what purples are available and if a purple in tinted leather existed, and my email bounced back earlier this afternoon, saying do not re-send they will keep trying to deliver it.

Ignes' email server was having problems yesterday so that may be why your email bounced. I would just resend it Monday.

Ignacio is having some problems with his email at work, he just sent me a short message yesterday from his personal computer, telling me that me will contact on monday-tuesday, he hopes all will be fixed by then.

oh, thanks, for the update on Ignes email! My email at work used to do that all the time, so annoying to find out a day later something didn't go through. So this time it's on Ignes's end....well, probably we all crashed their server or something once the sale was announced.

I've sent a couple emails this weekend. I guess I'll resend, too? Hmmm...but then, Monday we recrash the system? lol. It's a sale...all bets off, eh?

Cannot wait to hear on the purples available. That was one of my emails....please send swatches of all available purples.

Ditto. I think any of the three would be a great choice. The Josephine also lays flat unless stuffed too, which may be a plus or negative to you. I kind of think as the Josephine similar to the BE SM, but not in design, but that both bags are flat and lay relatively close to the body w/o items in them.

Vixn,

I'm glad you wrote to Ignacio about the purples. I know for a fact he has some that have not been formally launched and he told me he was refreshing the leathers available throughout the season.

I sent him an email yesterday asking what purples are available and if a purple in tinted leather existed, and my email bounced back earlier this afternoon, saying do not re-send they will keep trying to deliver it. I was floored that I had not gotten a reply from Ingacio!!!

I asked for a lighter purple or lavender, and within a day he had found on the left, a lighter purple, and the other two in the pic are a patent and a metallic sheen type purples. (oh and on the right blue #705, my answer to BE cobalt).

View attachment 731360

That blue is SO pretty. I love it- and we all know my love affair w/ the BE cobalt!

I totally HEART the BE cobalt!! I just don't really quite like the crackly effect I am seeing, but the bags in it are all so beautiful. I wanted a fab cobalt that was more intense than the cobalt in the SS line-up and more structured.

^ So do we know if the Ignes cobalt is structured, soft, etc.? Just out of curiosity- not buying, but wondering.

I don't like the crackling I see in the BE either, or the easy scuffing/patina that is developing on scuffs. I'd buy one second hand at a great price once I am considering new bags again.

Ditto. I think any of the three would be a great choice. The Josephine also lays flat unless stuffed too, which may be a plus or negative to you. I kind of think as the Josephine similar to the BE SM, but not in design, but that both bags are flat and lay relatively close to the body w/o items in them.

That's a good point, in terms of smooshiness. I do think, though, that the new Josephine Max has a bit of a bottom to it....So, that might poof it up a bit?! I'll try to take some comparo pics of the Josie and the BE SMM and Adore me hobo.