Big purple puddly bag-HELP

^ So do we know if the Ignes cobalt is structured, soft, etc.? Just out of curiosity- not buying, but wondering.

I don't like the crackling I see in the BE either, or the easy scuffing/patina that is developing on scuffs. I'd buy one second hand at a great price once I am considering new bags again.

I think the shiny leathers start out stiff but soften up?? I don't know.

I think you could get a nice BE cobalt second-hand at some point, since it seems really popular right off the bat! With every reveal, more will be ordering.

Ms. Lizardo has the MMS, of course, I think she could tell us about the structure of this BE leather....maybe she will stop by and tell us....

I think the shiny leathers start out stiff but soften up?? I don't know.

I think you could get a nice BE cobalt second-hand at some point, since it seems really popular right off the bat! With every reveal, more will be ordering.

Ms. Lizardo has the MMS, of course, I think she could tell us about the structure of this BE leather....maybe she will stop by and tell us....

Not sure which leather we are talking about, but if we are talking about the b e glossy leathers, I can tell you they scuff, really really easy. The pics of the cobalt that have been posted look to have the same texture as the glossy leathers. The sand on my strap scuffs very easily (totally failed my scuff test).

Ok ladies bear with me....I just got home from dinner and checked the mailbox...Woooaah I received my set of swatches from Ignacio. Now first off I specifically asked for Mr. Puddles type leather after seeing LL's Mr. Puddles. Here is an except Igncio wrote in his email:

"The leather [Lionlaw] got in her Sofia was more of a medium grey. It was a soft, yet fairly thick, leather, which gave it a unique body. In that same type of leather, we have a very dark chocolate (almost black), a forest green (which we haven’t used before, it’s a bit different to the one of the Midi Sofia on sale for example), a pebbled light cream, a cognac, and a purple with a very slight silver sheen."

So I am looking at the swatches he sent and I see a number #721. This is a very matte pebbly soft, smooshy leather. When I turn it over the back is a very deep, deep choclate suede back....yet the front is for all intent and purposes a charcol black. (very similiar to the matte black BE has for the early TMA's)

Is this the choc Mr. Puddles?

Secondly I recieved the #705 Cobalt sample from LL, and I also have it next to my BE cobalt swatch (which I got my MMS in)
I can do pics tomorrow, but for now it is very close, with the BE cobalt being more glossy, more veiny, and more of a primary color. (
Just like the color in grade school on the color wheel) The thicknesses are the same..... The Ignes cobalt is not as glossy, veiney, and has a little more, for want of a better word, grey to it.

I also received the #737 champagne, metallic bronzey, instead of a yellowish light champagne color, thick and chewy. Just from crumpling it in my hands, I think it would soften up very nicely. (oh wait, wrong thread. LionLaw wanted this info)

I can take pics tomorrow and hope they are reprsentative if needed. Now I am at a total state of confusion as I only have a few day to decide what I want to get for the sale....OMG, this is nuts!!

Oh Lionlaw...you have some fab creations for your new bag. I can't even beging to add an opinion because I am totally new to this, but thwy sound beautiful, whichever one you get!

(gee, wrong thread again...)

"The leather [Lionlaw] got in her Sofia was more of a medium grey. It was a soft, yet fairly thick, leather, which gave it a unique body. In that same type of leather, we have a very dark chocolate (almost black), a forest green (which we haven’t used before, it’s a bit different to the one of the Midi Sofia on sale for example), a pebbled light cream, a cognac, and a purple with a very slight silver sheen."

So I am looking at the swatches he sent and I see a number #721. This is a very matte pebbly soft, smooshy leather. When I turn it over the back is a very deep, deep choclate suede back....yet the front is for all intent and purposes a charcol black. (very similiar to the matte black BE has for the early TMA's)

Is this the choc Mr. Puddles?

omg, You might have the chocolate pudding! I think the swatches look darker than when they are on a bag....so maybe it shows more chocolate when on a handbag....

I know there is a soft dark brown, and I had a swatch from GP which I think I sent to knasarae...but I don't recall it being as thick as the Mr. Puddles, of which I have a swatch.

Secondly I recieved the #705 Cobalt sample from LL, and I also have it next to my BE cobalt swatch (which I got my MMS in)
I can do pics tomorrow, but for now it is very close, with the BE cobalt being more glossy, more veiny, and more of a primary color. (
Just like the color in grade school on the color wheel) The thicknesses are the same..... The Ignes cobalt is not as glossy, veiney, and has a little more, for want of a better word, grey to it.

omg, this is perfect! I have been wondering how #705 compares to the BE cobalt. I can't wait for some comparo pics!!! Thanks for the description! I love the BE cobalt, but didn't want as veiny and glossy as the BE looks in pics.

Excitement!!

I also received the #737 champagne, metallic bronzey, instead of a yellowish light champagne color, thick and chewy. Just from crumpling it in my hands, I think it would soften up very nicely. (oh wait, wrong thread. LionLaw wanted this info)
that's okay, we'll take it!! :nuts:

Whoa-OK you ladies are soooi helpful!!! I leave for a few hours and there are 2 pages of help waiting for me! I totally love all of the input. I haven't heard back from Ignacio but didn't expect to. Does he typically answer email on the weekend??

So the Emilia or the Josephine seem like the way to go. Let me ask you this though, since both of these bags are flat, do the have the stuffed sausage look if you put a lot in them?I am not particularly fond of that!

As far as leathers are concerned, I have been really saddened by the realization that I will probably never order a glossy leather BE. I just can't get over the cost vs scuff ratio! I feel that for the most part if I spend a lot on a bag, it should hold up to the rigors of a mom of 2 little ones! Unless of course I am spending big money on some über chic exotic leather that I know I have to baby right from the get go!! KWIM??

Well I am hoping that I can get leather samples in time to get the discount. Hmmm doesn't seem likely!!

Oh and Euridice-what is that bag in your avi??

Hi, Vixn!

My avatar is currently my new Jammin Purple mini Nikki. I took the stuffing out of it, and it just collapsed flat!! I did a thread on the reveal over in the RM forum.

Yeah, I was just taking some pictures of my new BE pink sheen hobo, and I did a teeny scratch in a corner area, and it was pretty bad. Plus, it's got this crackly thing going on so if you fold it over or something, it's going to make more lines, and more variation. I think some people like that kind of thing, but I don't think I do. The glossy purple from this fall doesn't seem as delicate although it's got the wrinkle thing. The turquoise in my angel purse also is pretty but has this kind of white blotchy thing which someone described as crackle, and I haven't used it yet but heard it wears off pretty majorly in one's bag. I carry my orange Ignes wristlet every day, and yes it scratched but it's not all that bad, and the corners wore a little, but still it looks really good overall.

I have a dark purple swatch that is #187. It's not quite as thick as Mr. Puddles, but it's still very, very soft, with a bit of pebbling to it, mostly matte but a bit of shine to it (not as matte as Mr. Puddles). If that leather is one of the puddly options available and you are interested, I can send that to you, Vixnkitten. I also have the cracked purple (with red) which is also very soft and looks really cool in Lionlaw's sofia and Duranie's Gaby.

I will say, that puddly also depends on what leather you use. Lionlaw's Chiara, from what I remember reading, holds its shape really well, but mine is in tinted chocolate so it's quite smooshy and very comfy for travelling, etc.

I need to charge my camera, and I will try to take pics tonight of the Josephine in forest green smoosh and Chiara in tinted chocolate to give you an idea of whether you like their kind of smoosh.

This is weird, I can't find my Josephine! But I took some pictures to show the smoosh factor of tinted leathers in a Chiara...mostly to demonstrate that the leather will make a difference, not that I am actually pushing the Chiara idea.

let's see...smooshychiara.jpg

smooshychiara2.jpg

Here's pics of BE cobalt and the 2 Ignes cobalts (#705, and #726) for comparison...

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Hi vixnkitten, here are some pics of my cracked purple Gabrielle. I love this bag. It has 3 different purples, the bottom is patent dark purple, the straps and side is nappa purple, and the rest is cracked purple. I think the leather is amazing and soft, I pet it all the time. LOL

The bottom looks scratched, after I downloaded the pic I ran to the bag like- OMG- but it was just the flash on the patent, no scratch.

Attachments

• gabrielle new 011.JPG
    gabrielle new 011.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 29
  • gabrielle new 012.JPG
    gabrielle new 012.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 27
  • gabrielle new 013.JPG
    gabrielle new 013.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 41
photo(56).jpg

photo(57).jpg

I just took these iphone pics of the soft dark purple. My office has the regular overhead lighting but TONS of sunlight coming in today. The second pic is when I'm holding it up so the natural light is coming in on it. I don't guarantee these are totally accurate but they show the texture and that it is dark but not so dark that it doesn't show up in a nice lighted place.

This is for tlloveshim!