Big purchases you make aside from bags...

1. Hi all!

My expensive purchases are always bags and bag related. Although I do have one other hobby and that is horseback riding. I've been riding and showing my entire life. I sold my last horse in November and stopped showing due to a broken ankle. Since then my bag addiction has gone through the roof! I usually don't blink twice throwing down big money for a bag. Well now I'm looking into buying a new horse and I'm acting all sticker-shocked at the cost of all the new items I need to get. And some of these aren't even as much as what I'll pay for in a bag. Does this happen to anyone else? Do you sometimes have no problem spending on a bag but tend to be more cautious when putting money down on other items in the same price range? How do you get over it?

2. Hey multicolored! I used to ride when I was young(er). I dearly love horses!! Sorry you had to sell your horse: hope your ankle is okay now.

I spend a lot of money on travel (althoug haven't yet this summer except to Chicago). Last summer I traveled to Europe and Asia. I'd say that's my biggest expense besides handbags.

I am totally with you on being aghast at how much some things cost but then not bat an eyelash at a $1.5K bag. I remember being irritated that I couldn't find a cheaper plane ticket to Nice (it was $1,500 roundtrip) but I've paid that for a Chanel bag.

I just get over it because ultimately it's more important for me to have EXPERIENCES rather than things! I know you probably feel the same way about riding horses: the time you spend with a horse trumps any handbag in this world!

My horse's name was Star. What are you going to name your new horse?

3. I actually don't really make any other big purchases asides from handbags.. maybe that's why I don't have a digicam yet but I feel that's okay since I just use my bf's.

4. I would say that my other big purchases would be furniture and household accessories, although I haven't bought much in awhile.............thank God.

5. urrrrgh! :rant: i gave up collecting rubbershoes, poloshirts from lacoste, oooh i havent stop my obsessions on gadgets(cellphones, players) YET..:yahoo: but i will for LVs...:tender: :girlsigh: :love:

6. ooops double post sorry

7. travelling and clothes and shoes... but yes, i do spend ridiculously more on bags... :smile:

8. i would have to say vacations are my next big ticket items. i don't even want to think about it when i get my credit card bills, seeing all the foreign currency exchanges on my purchases give me a migrane.

9. Right now I'm improving my house. I just bought some new appliances for the kitchen, am putting down new floors soon, shopping for a painter and relandscape my back yard. After my bday no new bags for awhile!

10. I would say that my other big expenses are related to my house....I'm repainting and redecorating the whole thing...and yes I'm a cheapie. I wait until paint goes on sale ($23 a gallon is ridiculous lol) and stock up. I bought a new washer...man that was an LV all by itself and I hate doing laundry!
    The other thing I hate spending money on is food....hubby loves food (he's a big guy!) and alot of our money every month goes to it....irritates me to no end!
    Fortunately I don't have very many other hobbies (besides books)!

11. I'm starting to get into really expensive shoes. I sent over 600 including tax for a pair of shoes Sunday.

12. Electronics.. I love them ! Video games, computers, gizmos.. it's bad, but oh so good !

13. :girlsigh:Jewelry!

14. We spend money on cars and electronics. We used to spend a TON on eating out but we are trying to focus more on eating at home. Oh of course Starbucks...If I cut out Starbucks I could afford another car payment - pretty sick. Everything thing else I am pretty cheap about. I havent bought clothes in a couple of months and I live out of flip flops so no expensive shoes for me.

15. i was spending a lot of money buying collectible toys. but now, i move to bags and bags only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice