BIG PROBLEM! What kind of bag should I get/wear for work????

tuleh

ah barenia birkin!!!
O.G.
Apr 29, 2006
I'm working in family business so basically I do somewhat represent the family/ company and I do not like to dress down. However, I also don't think showing too much brands in the company is a good thing. Even though the atmosphere in our office isn't very uptight, everyone do dress on the casual side, I do go out for a lot meetings, lunch meetings, or office meetings. During my time in the office and going out, I will not have the chance or time to change.

I have seen people with Kate Spade, Burberry bags but I seriously don't see myself using it.

A little bag background here..I'm a bag lover, and to be honest, almost a bag collector. I try my best to not purchase bags that I might not love in the future. Out of all my bags that I own right now, a black Birkin is probably the closest to what suits what I'm wearing the most, especially I can put my A4 folders in them. HOWEVER!! this is the problem!! I love my B bags and I don't want to use too much of it as if I'm showing off at work. I would rather use it during my leisure time. And as for other of my bags, it's either some very delicate Valentino Shopper, or like metallic Chanel maxi, or it's just some clutches.

Could someone give me some advice???

By the way, I find wearing suit pants+ shirt/V neck + my Hermes scarf a very tough one to match if I'm not pairing up with my H bags.

Sorry for the long message, please enlighten me! :balloon:

I admit I might be tired but I found your post a bit confusing. Are you trying to find a bag that is professional et not too showy? Or a bi more casual but not quite so casual as a Balenciaga? And do you own a black Birkin?

If you're looking for work appropriate but not too showy a Prada Saffiano tote in black might be nice. The Tory Burch Robinson tote is very similar and about half the price. That might be better if you're trying to down play the labels.

@ grietje, thank you for your advice! to answer your question, I am trying to find a bag that is professional and not too showy, I do own a black Birkin and I want my working bag to be versatile. THANKS AGAIN!!

grietje's suggestions are spot on. It seems your dilemma is not uncommon

I've been hunting for a versatile work bag that will hold A4 folders too.
For myself, I've narrowed it down to:
1) LV's Epi (matte not electric) Pont neuf gm $2530 USD
2) Prada's Saffiano Lux Top-Handle Open Tote $2100
3) Tory Burch saffiano Robinson tote $550

The durability of saffiano is a huge selling factor for me but the LV Epi Pont Neuf is looks a bit more 'tailored' and makes more of a style statement imo. The Tory Burch bag represents so much value! It's the cost of some Prada wallets!

Problem is, I prefer light gold hardware over silver hardware so it makes it all the more difficult a decision

Thank you so much for all your input!! I think bayswater is a bit heavy though.. and I wanted to get it couple years back but I didn't .. so now I just feel I've already passed that hype for it. lol.