Big Little Lies

buzzytoes

Dog Chauffeur
O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Did anyone catch the premier last night?? I read the book when it came out but had to reread the plot line because I couldn't remember the details. It's not bad so far, other than it took place in Australia and not Monterey, but I love the scenery!

I watched. Was a little all over the place, I haven't read the book..but they seem to be painting all the husbands as checked out a-holes.

A big part of it is that illusion of a perfect life - so yeah they kind of are. Or rather both spouses are checked out because the moms are so busy trying to be perfect that they have neglected their spouses.

Reactions: chloehandbags
I feel like I've read the book and mixed it up with other books by the same author. The way this story is unfolding is not what I recall from the book. I'll have to re-read it. I'll definitely keep watching.

I feel like I've read the book and mixed it up with other books by the same author. The way this story is unfolding is not what I recall from the book. I'll have to re-read it. I'll definitely keep watching.

I am having the same problem because I have read all of the author's other books. Some stuff I remember happening but other times I'm like "Was this in the book or did they just add it for the TV show??"

I am having the same problem because I have read all of the author's other books. Some stuff I remember happening but other times I'm like "Was this in the book or did they just add it for the TV show??"

I feel the same way. I'm 5th on my library's waiting list for a copy. I think I'll have gone through all 7 of the episodes before I get to re-read it.

This show is my new guilty pleasure.
Loving Reese W. in this type of role. But the writers are laying it on super thick, telling Nicole Kidman's character how beautiful she is every scene.
I had hoped the little boy was innocent, but now I'm not so sure.
Love the homes and fabulous scenery. Love the mommy power plays and PTA intrigues.

Yes I am enjoying this show. The sex scene last night with Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgard was a little ridiculous. All I know is I would die if I had to see my ex and his new wife everywhere!! It's apparent Madeline still loves Nathan. Or as Celeste said, had a more passionate relationship

I have to learn to divorce tv shows/movies from the books they're adapted from because objectively speaking this is a really good show and I should love it but I have expectations of the characters and then they're different and I just get angry saying "that's not like the book, the book was better!"
So should I not try to read and finish the book before watching the rest of the series?

So should I not try to read and finish the book before watching the rest of the series?

I like to read the book first because the book is always better and I don't want to spoil it with the tv show, but because the book is better the tv show is never as good after reading it. So I don't know LOL. Maybe I should change my strategy and watch the shows first and enjoy them and then be even more interested in the book.