Big Little Lies

PS: I really loved Nicole Kidman in suits. The dark navy one, the pink one. And the blouses are really classy too. She looks very intelligent, and has a tall and thin figure to pull it off.

I think casting is great. All the women really appear to be like their characters in the show. No one seemed out of place.

Instead of a third season, it needed to have been a longer, better written second season.
The court scenes in particular were grotesque and cliche. A mess.
MS brought absolutely nothing to the series, imo. They would have been better off using her salary to put out a better product, imho.

What is odd is that each week's show was approximately 41 minutes or so and they did only seven episodes, short episodes and a fairly short season by HBO standards. They did have more time to explore the characters, but instead there was a lot of filler it seems to me. How many shots of Bonnie with the pillow did we see, for no purpose.
I'd love to see some of the scenes on the cutting room floor. The reviews are universally bad so I don't think they'd do a season three unless a script was spot on. At least I hope they wouldn't.

Let's be honest here....even if Bonnie confesses, they wouldn't charge her with anything, which is why this whole thing wasn't really believable in the first place. She saw him attacking Celeste, she pushed him off her, he stumbled back and fell. It was an accident caused by a friend protecting a friend from an abusive husband. I just don't see any DA pressing charges due to that.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Let's be honest here....even if Bonnie confesses, they wouldn't charge her with anything, which is why this whole thing wasn't really believable in the first place. She saw him attacking Celeste, she pushed him off her, he stumbled back and fell. It was an accident caused by a friend protecting a friend from an abusive husband. I just don't see any DA pressing charges due to that.
Agree, that's what makes the whole thing so weird. I don't know how believable it would have been, but now knowing Bonnie's back story, it almost would have made more sense if they were all just standing there at the party and Bonnie had just found out about the abuse or something and just snaps and full out pushes him down the stairs. Then you're dealing with an actual crime that they have to decide whether to cover up or not knowing the reasons she lost it and the backstory of the abuse. The way they did it, it was not a crime at all. The whole thing was just so off.

Laura Dern's scene towards the end, just WOW. Incredible. By far my favorite person in S2.
I guess the ending is left open for a S3, although I don't care if they do one or not. This season was okay, but not as spectacular as S1. They rushed to produce something imo. And Meryl Streep was surprisingly dull for me, I didn't think she added anything and her acting wasn't a standout.

Laura Dern's scene towards the end, just WOW. Incredible. By far my favorite person in S2.
I guess the ending is left open for a S3, although I don't care if they do one or not. This season was okay, but not as spectacular as S1. They rushed to produce something imo. And Meryl Streep was surprisingly dull for me, I didn't think she added anything and her acting wasn't a standout.
While Meryl is an incredible actress, this was not her best performance, imo. She could also do so much with that sucky
Writing.
This role was very reminiscent of the role she played in “Doubt”. Nothing special, imo.
Laura has a meaty season but how can Renata stays with such a jerk, so out of character.
Once again, poor character development, imo.
The initial season was so magical, what a letdown.
On a really shallow note, Reese looked incredible in the vow renewal.

Isn’t there some penalty for impeding an investigation and intentionally lying? Oh right, this is tv so they confess and go home

Isn’t there some penalty for impeding an investigation and intentionally lying? Oh right, this is tv so they confess and go home

Yeah, but unless any of them have records, they'd probably get probation and community hours..withhold adjudication upon completion. If it was an actual murder, then yes, them lying to cover it up would be a much bigger deal.

Reactions: gracekelly
I hate what they did to Bonnie this season. She was such a refreshing character in the first season, a free spirit, open-minded counterpoint to the other women. I get that her depression, etc was an important part of the storyline, but I wish they had still allowed more of the "old Bonnie" to shine through.

I thought Celeste told ML that she made the boys the "Memories" file on the Ipad?..so she didn't know the video of the abuse was on there?. Meh, too convenient to find that on there.
Didn't care for this season at all.
I had a problem with the convenience of that along with the convenience of when/how the audience was brought into the loop about ML having the wreck that killed her child. It's a big piece of information/leverage for Celeste to have on her mother in law and presumably she's known the entire season (has known since he told her), but the audience doesn't get let in on that info until it's convenient for us to know. It felt cheap and lazy. It would have made more sense for Celeste to do some digging and find it out, then the timing of the revelation would have at least made sense. The way they did it, we are to think that Celeste always knew it and yet only thought to use that info the night before the questioning. Ugh, it was so bad.

Reactions: limom
I had a problem with the convenience of that along with the convenience of when/how the audience was brought into the loop about ML having the wreck that killed her child. It's a big piece of information/leverage for Celeste to have on her mother in law and presumably she's known the entire season (has known since he told her), but the audience doesn't get let in on that info until it's convenient for us to know. It felt cheap and lazy. It would have made more sense for Celeste to do some digging and find it out, then the timing of the revelation would have at least made sense. The way they did it, we are to think that Celeste always knew it and yet only thought to use that info the night before the questioning. Ugh, it was so bad.
Agree.

I knew this last episode would be ridiculous.

Just because Celeste, representing herself, coerces ML to admit she sort of murdered her son and then ML doesn't argue, but agrees! Why wouldn't she deny it. This is a hearsay, isn't it? How is what Perry told her admissible in court?

And then she suddenly finds evidence of Perry beating her up, well how convenient.

Dumb show. I'm sorry I watched

I wonder if Reese is angry that not only her show went so far down hill, but her character had almost nothing to do.