Big Little Lies

Thank goodness I'm not the only one, lol. Last nights episode was really good.
We got a bit more of Jane's background. Poor thing!

I just love Madeline. Couldn't deal with her in real life, but love her on the show.

Renata's house...holy moly! That sunset was breathtaking!
How many phones has Renata flung into the pool? I think I've noticed 2.:lol:
But her house--whoa, it's incredible.

Reactions: Tivo
I caught up to the latest episodes and the show is great! I can't believe I haven't heard about it much sooner.
Nicole and Alex S. was phenomenal in their therapy session, it seemed so raw and realistic.

I caught up to the latest episodes and the show is great! I can't believe I haven't heard about it much sooner.
Nicole and Alex S. was phenomenal in their therapy session, it seemed so raw and realistic.
This! Nicole's expressions while listening to Alex were very real yet subtle. And I could just watch Alex S all day long!

A side note here: I like seeing Nicole matched with a man that is taller than her, and Eric Northman is tall!

An article in the NY Post addressed the real estate. In coastal Ca., the cost of these homes on the water are anywhere from $4 million to $25 million. Renata's and Madeleine's homes are apparently located in Malibu.

From the NY Post:

“What I learned once I spent a lot of time scouting is that that portion of the central coast of California is very rocky, with those waves crashing up on the rocks, as you see throughout our show. There are beaches, of course, but I can count on one hand how many homes are actually on the sand.”

For that reason (as well as factors such as budget and actor schedules), the majority of the series used LA locations and sets to double as a rarefied Monterey. Both Renata (Laura Dern) and Madeleine’s (Reese Witherspoon) houses are actually in Malibu. Jane’s (Shailene Woodley) modest Craftsman bungalow is in Pasadena. Only Celeste’s (Nicole Kidman) mansion, with its large balcony nestled among the trees, is geographically true (it’s located in Carmel, Calif., Monterey’s more affluent neighbor)."