Big Little Lies

*****SPOILER*****
*****SPOILER*****

Meryl Streep has just joined the all-star cast of Big Little Lies season 2!

The legendary actress will play the role of Mary Louise Wright, who is the mother of Perry Wright (Alexander Skarsgard) and mother in law of Celeste (Nicole Kidman). Spoiler alert!! Alexander‘s character died at the end of season one, but there’s a rumor he will be returning as well.

THR reports that Meryl’s character is “concerned for the well-being of her grandchildren following her son Perry’s death. She arrives in Monterey searching for answers.”

Gee...guess you don’t like Meryl Streep. Unlike most critics. What did she ever do to you?
I’m sick of her. And will never get past her calling Harvey Weinstein “god” and pretending she knew nothing about that monster’s behavior. She’s not stupid, I absolutely believe she knew. And she called him “god” anyway.

Honestly, her involvement is enough to turn me off the project.

So, it is confirmed that every single character from S1 is returning for S2. Here is the S2 summary, as of now...

"Here’s a plot summary for the next season: while processing Perry’s sudden death, Jane is trying to build a new life for herself and Ziggy. Renata is now faced with new challenges in her marriage, while Bonnie struggles with Perry’s death and is forced to face demons in her past."

Reactions: skyqueen
from online reports...

"Adam Scott will be returning to the cast of Big Little Lies for the upcoming second season!

The 44-year-old actor played the role of Reese Witherspoon‘s husband Ed Mackenzie in the first season and he is joining the rest of the cast for the new episodes.

Ed “will be forced to confront major challenges in his marriage to Madeline in season two,” according to THR.

Meryl Streep is a new addition to the cast. She will play the role of Mary Louise Wright, the mother to Perry (Alexander Skarsgard)."