Big Little Lies

I think Kidman might win. Nudity and getting beaten up always resonates with Emmy voters. Sad, sick, but true. She did do a bang up job *did I just say bang up?* :nuts:

I agree with Singra that there are definitely times when things should just be left alone to bask in all their glory. If it fails like the second time i.e. True Dectective #2, people will always remember.

ITA about the closing song. Never thought I would hear that song done that way.

Reactions: skyqueen
article from just jared website

"HBO is officially in talks with Big Little Lies author Liane Moriarty about potential season two story lines!

“Liane is taking her crack at it and I think that it’s interesting,” HBO’s programming president Casey Bloys told ET. “I don’t think [there's been] a time when we’ve gone to the writer of the novel, the source material, to come up with like, ‘Do you see ongoing stories?’ I’ll be very curious to see what she comes up with that. Normally you go to a TV writer, and say, ‘What do you see?’”

“First, we have to see the material and if it’s worth everybody’s time. If it is, then the conversation of directors [will happen]. I understand why Jean-Marc feels [that way]. He did that. He’s doing another show for us, all eight episodes. But Nicole and Reese can be very persuasive,” Casey continued."

Reactions: Coco.lover
'Big Little Lies' Season 2 a Go as HBO Inks Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman to New Deals

Andrea Arnold has boarded the miniseries and will direct and exec produce all seven episodes.

Big Little Lies season two is officially a go.

HBO on Friday confirmed months of speculation that the Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman miniseries would return for a second season. The production has tapped Andrea Arnold, who won an Oscar for writing and directing her short film Wasp, to helm all seven episodes of season two. Sources told THR that the delay in the official announcement was to allow the premium cable network time to find a director to replace Emmy-winning helmer Jean-Marc Vallée.

Stars and exec producers Witherspoon and Kidman are confirmed to return for season two. Most of the season one cast are expected to return as negotiations are underway. Since Big Little Lies was originally envisioned as a closed-ended miniseries — season one covered the entirety of author Liane Moriarty's book — HBO did not have options with the cast for a sophomore run. Sources note that stars Witherspoon and Kidman had been seeking raises from season one, especially after the former inked a massive deal at Apple to star and produce a morning show drama that will pay her an estimated $1.5 million per episode. The untitled drama was picked up for two seasons covering 20 episodes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...e-witherspoon-nicole-kidman-new-deals-1065778