Big Ebay problem. Sent the bag back to seller no bag & no $$$

604girl

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
Here is the story please help me out

This is my first time I purchased a LV from ebay for over $1000
the bag was described as brand new condition but it came with some scratches etc. So i filed with ebay and they agreed told me to return the bag within 10 days over the phone on FEB 9. I sent the bag back on FEB 22 which is 9 bussiness days. They told me to call them when it is delivered to get the refund. Today I received a email from ebay stating that the case has been closed & no refund will be given. I called them today because the bag was delievered today March 1. The manager or supervisor was very angry and questioning me for not sending it on FEB 10. He said they wanted me to send it on FEB 10 the next day after calling them. He told me I was out of luck unless the seller refunds me back and told me to try to message the seller.

RIGHT NOW I AM OUT OF MONEY AND THE BAG. ALSO MY PAYPAL its on the 45th day so right now it is last day to file with paypal. I asked the Ebay manager person and he told me I cannot file with paypal anymore because of using Ebay resolution.

Please let me know what to do now :cry:

He told me I broke the agreement with ebay and they cannot refund me!!! but I DID NOT EVEN KNOW they wanted it shipped the next day. They seem to change their words I regret filing with ebay

Last edited:
I do not know exactly they transfered me to the claim department I believe. It took me longer because the seller was from US and I am from Canada. If I use CanadaPost it takes very long to get over to the US and I was trying to be nice thinking they might get custom charges from the return. I so regret waiting to drive over to the states to ship it back using UPS. I am from Vancouver so the olympics was very crazy over here too I am not trying to use that as a excuse or anything.

I used UPS with tracking ground with full insurance. Not too sure about the Sig part but it shows its been delievered

Did you try contacting the seller to confirm they received the bag today? Hopefully it's an honest seller. Also did you get signature confirmation?

Did you try contacting the seller to confirm they received the bag today? Hopefully it's an honest seller. Also did you get signature confirmation?

I contacted the seller but no reply so far. I did buy the full insurance amount but I dont know if it comes with Sig Confirmation for UPS.

All you should have to do is give paypal the tracking number and once they see that it's been delivered, they should grant your refund. I would definitely give paypal a call and give them that tracking number.

I do not know exactly they transfered me to the claim department I believe. It took me longer because the seller was from US and I am from Canada. If I use CanadaPost it takes very long to get over to the US and I was trying to be nice thinking they might get custom charges from the return. I so regret waiting to drive over to the states to ship it back using UPS. I am from Vancouver so the olympics was very crazy over here too I am not trying to use that as a excuse or anything.

I used UPS with tracking ground with full insurance. Not too sure about the Sig part but it shows its been delievered

If you insured the bag did you also request signature conformation..there are #'s

on the UPS receipt.. also, you need to contact an ebay rep and let them know

that UPS is showing this bag as delivered.. what info is on your receipt from UPS
you may have to forward to the rep and keep trying

til you get someone from ebay that will listen to you.. good luck...

If you insured the bag did you also request signature conformation..there are #'s

on the UPS receipt.. also, you need to contact an ebay rep and let them know

that UPS is showing this bag as delivered.. what info is on your receipt from UPS
you may have to forward to the rep and keep trying

til you get someone from ebay that will listen to you.. good luck...

I dont know what is their problem its my first time though. The manager or supervisor keep insisting that they cannot refund me because I did not send it on FEB 10 and got very angry but the instructions given to me was send within 10 days. Which I did send in 9 bussiness days but he is telling me 10 days to get it back so I broke the agreement. Which he is just picking on me because I did not get that infromation from ebay and he makes it sound liek its my fault now. He said if they refund me ebay will need to take out money out of their own pocket not from the seller.

Basically THEY tell me to send the bag back and I will recieve refund after showing delivered. NOW That its been delivered they do not want to refund me because it is a expensive item. I am going crazy I dont know what to do

I think eBay only keeps the disputes open for so long, yours must have went that long. I agree with hotshot, call eBay and tell them the tracking # is showing it's been delivered. Contact PayPal also and see what they can do to help you.

I got lucky the seller is honest sent me a refund after emailing her. the seller did not refund me the shipping so I am sort but luckily not $1000 something. YAY :yahoo:

Thanks for all the help

Nice to hear a happy ending and a story about an honest seller. You were late in sending the bag back so being out the shipping is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
I got lucky the seller is honest sent me a refund after emailing her. the seller did not refund me the shipping so I am sort but luckily not $1000 something. YAY :yahoo:

Thanks for all the help
Glad to hear the seller was honest and refunded your purchase money. Better to be out the shipping than the whole thing.