Big Dilemma Please Help!

autumn2187

Jan 14, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I have a big dilemma right now and I don't know what do. My dad just told me we are going to Paris this summer:yahoo:. (The trip has been up in the air, but now it finally looks like we will be going). Now to get down to the real issue. I was going to be getting my first LV ever! a Damier Ebene Speedy for my b-day in May, but will now wait for the trip! I really want a Palermo to and that was going to be my second big purchase (I would get it in 2011). What I am wondering is should I try and get the Palermo in Paris and risk pissing my parents off or go with the original plan and get the Damier Ebene Speedy (they already are ok with the Speedy) and an Eva in either Mono or Damier Ebene (the eva is for doing well this semester at college)? BTW I am trying to keep my LV purchases as close to under the radar as possible. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice! :smile:

If it was me, I would go with your original plan. You will still have your special "Paris" puchased LVs, the Speedy and the Eva. You can always get your Palermo later. If you are patient, I am sure you can find a SA in So Cal that can locate a Made in Paris one:smile:

Good luck and enjoy your awesome trip!!

Oh, I just thought of another thing, too, on why I'd wait. When I caught the "LV" obsession, I made two purchases very close to one another. In hindsight, I wish I had waited. Reason being I would have enjoyed each purchase better had I had a little something to "look forward" to. Plus, when I purchased my second bag in such proximity of the first, I didn't really enjoy my first for as long as I should. May sound silly, but it may be something to consider.

Each trip for me to the Boutique is like xmas:biggrin:

Go with your original plan, make sure to tell your Dad that buying in LV in Paris is cheaper than in the USA because of the VAT tax refund that you get when you go back thru customs coming home, make sure you get the VAT tax paperwork at LV with your purchase and make sure to give them to customs in France before you depart. I bought a $2400 LV in Venice, Italy last yr. after the VAT tax refund and the price difference there, I only spent about $2100 on it, saving me about $300! There is nothing better than buying your first LV in France!!!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Speedy and Eva! 100%! Have so much fun in Paris...it is such a fabulous city. And definitely do get all of your paperwork for the VAT tax and make sure to have it stamped before you go through customs...you don't want to pass up the refund.