BIG decision and I'm only 23!!

Michaela said:
Take the internship!!! If you find you are short on money at first take a 2nd job as a waitress or starbucks barista (something with a flexible schedule) Remember that is only temporary and will set you up later for your dream job. Good luck :smile:

I agree - take the dream job!!

and to supplement your income - do some part time retail job - or a telemarketing job haha. at they pay up to $20ph - do these on your free days.

Go for it!! :biggrin: You're working towards your dream job so you'll have to take risks ;) & like the others suggested, you can also get a part-time job elsewhere for more money. Good luck!

TAKE IT ..........i say u have the chance now , to do something u actually love to do . So do it ... and if you find u dont like it , u r young enogh to still find something else

If it is what you need to do in order to get your dream job, there's no better time to do it! Do it p/t and get another p/t job for weekends or whatever. It will be *so* worth it in the end! Best of luck.

I say if you can take the pay cut and not starve for the experience it's worth it.

Also if this experience you need to get what you want, it's better to do it now when you have nothing to lose rather than down the line when you have a family and aa loss in salary will really be felt.

Good luck and congrats on graduating college.

Oh yes, this is an easy one. Take the cut and jump through the hoops you have to to get to the job you want. We all have to do it, some of us more than once..

tr444 said:
Regreting something we've DONE is ALWAYS easier to fix, than regreting somthing we did NOT do. You can change your future, you can never change your past.

I would go for it!!!

YES!!! :yes:

You have to try it... worst case scenario- you don't like it! You sound like a smart gal, you can always get another job if this doesn't work out- but this can lead you to your dream job... follow that dream girl!!! :yahoo:

how much are you risking? It's better to forfeit 50% of the salary in a career you tolerate than to forego an opportunity that can lead you to a career you love. Don't settle, do what is right for you.

I'm 26 and have been working for 8 years in my industry. Everybody said I was crazy to do an internship before I went to college but I wanted to figure out my career path before I went off to school.

ten years later the same ppl that called me crazy now call me asking for work advice. Also after the dotcom bust in late 2000 out of many of my peers I was one of the few that were still empoyed with a very generous salary.

My feeling is the younger you are and the less commitments you have (no DH, no kids, mortgage, etc) the more tolerance you have for risk.

Everyone has to start somewhere.. i did sales just to get to where i am today (a buyer) and I think it was worth it since I now know how it works from both ends.

No question, DO IT. You can always walk away later if you decide you don't like it and find another gig. You're young....NOW is the best time to do things like this, rather than later when you're older and have big obligations (kids, less energy, etc) and are less flexible and mobile.