Big-Clip Inka Revised

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
As I've been promising for quite some time, here are a few photos of my Inkas that I've 'revised'. I took the silly clip off! The weight of the flap keeps the bag closed, and the circle catches the magnet from the front pocket, so it hangs great. I can't wait to see how HH will modify the new Inka, if they do -. First two are cobalt, third is olive, fourth is plum. I've also got the black, chocolate, and white Inkas. All 'revised'. :smile:

Attachments

• inkacobalt1revised.jpg
    inkacobalt1revised.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 71
  • inkacobalt2revised.jpg
    inkacobalt2revised.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 65
  • inkaoliverevised.jpg
    inkaoliverevised.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 65
  • inkaplumrevised.jpg
    inkaplumrevised.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 73
WOW!
Your bags look incredible!
I have seen a few Inkas on eBay that interested me, but I didn't love the idea of having to "clip" it closed all the time.
Well, you sure solved that! Did you have to cut the leather strap off?
Well, whatever you did, they look fabulous!
I love all the colors, too!

cooper, yes, I used a razor knife and cut as close to the seam as I could, and after I got it off, you can't really tell, especially if you didn't know something was there to begin with. It made the bag much more "liveable", if you will - I never clipped it to begin with, so it was a no-brainer for me!

I wish I'd kept the clips, though - DUH DUH DUH. OH well. I could have used them to make straps for other things or key chains or something ...

I love your mods India Ink. Incredible! It seems to change the shape of the bag completely - and makes it look so much cooler - sort of like a 'havana slouch' with bits. I would never have been able to visualize it like that. I love how the magnet keeps the ring in place. (Have you posted this on the HH website???)

I am really impressed!

But I CANNOT believe that you binned the clips!!!!

Oh wow~
I just noticed from your pix that it has the exact same style shoulder strap with rings and such as the Havana Hobo! I love my Havana! It is so perfect and comfy!
I may have to re-think the Inka and do a little "India Ink" magic on it, if I ever find one in a color I like.
(there's a black one on eBay now, but I love all the HH colors!)

Oh lawdy, cooper - ! I should post a photo of my black Inka too, because I got rid of all the white top-stitching. I spent hours on that bag turning all the white, black. Looks much better. Harrumph. Ben and Toni really need to see me before launching a reformulated Inka.:roflmfao:

Please do, indiaink...this has come up in other threads and I remembered that one of our ladies had "blacked out" the contrast stitching, but I couldn't remember who did it. Maybe you could start a new thread with your technique?

I probably should have used a Sharpie! (I didn't want to use anything with that 'marker' odor - but I think Sharpie makes an odorless marker, not sure).

I got my black Inka out for photographing and it turns out all that hard work was for naught - the light stitching has returned (not as white as it was, but still light enough that I might as well not have bothered).

So, so much for that idea! My black beauty has been in storage for a few months, and I guess that was enough time for what I did to fade. I used a 'permanent' Staedtler Lumocolor pen, but I supposed because the thread was nylon-wrapped or something, it didn't hold.

Shoot.

OH - I must correct myself on colors, as well - it's not a WHITE Inka, but a chalk Inka. And I also have the saddle Inka.

That's it!