big, black and patent ...

AtelierPax

~elsea~
Jan 14, 2009
so i'm a newbie to handbag fashion and i have a few Q's ... ;)

should you ... would you ... do you ....
(1) ... rock a big black patent bag? ... if yes, which bag?
(2) ... carry something big, black and patent during the summer?
(3) ... do big, black and patent during the day w/casual wear?
(4) ... pair big, black and patent w/flip flop sandals or lounge sets?

i'm curious! thanks! :wlae:

I don't have one, but if I did....
(1) ... rock a big black patent bag? ... if yes, which bag? absolutely. the Longchamp Legende
(2) ... carry something big, black and patent during the summer? I think so
sure!
(4) ... pair big, black and patent w/flip flop sandals or lounge sets? I would never go out of the house like that!! :wtf: unless maybe going to the gym or studio. And no!

Yes to all. I LOVE big patent bags, can't get enough lately. Current fave are the Dooney and Bourke Chiara and Hayden patent bags. Yes - big and patent, can't go wrong!

Agreed! You can't go wrong with those at all! I agree w/ToniJ... all those designers are great (Botkier, Goldenbleu, Hayden Harnett). Also Treesje, Foley & Corinna and Jenny Yuen have some nice patent leather out too!

should you ... would you ... do you ....

Yes, but I only have one: a Hayden-Harnett corcovado.

I'm new to patent, but I'm guessing yes if I have that much to carry -- the bag is muuuuch bigger than my normal everyday bags.

Sure, as long as I'm not wearing dark brown or navy.

Nope, and that's b/c I don't do lounge sets -- just not my style. :nogood: I'm more of a "summer skirts" kind of girl.

thanks for all the replies!

kings, i'm contemplating my gf's HH BP corc ... it's big, chunky, oversized ... i'm petite and 5'2" (on a good day) and it's a lot of bling! not that i mind, but usually i'm juicy/lucky type sweats and flip-flops/sandals (so-cal) so i'm just trying to figure out if that works ... and i've never had a black bag or a patent bag! i'm loving some of the bags posted too ... this board is too fun!

yes, Yes, YEs and YES! I am officially addicted to black patent everything. In fact, I had to force myself to stop buying black patent bags which resulted in my missing out on a seriously on sale Kooba Blake tote during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I carry my Marc by Marc Jacobs Posh Turnlock Tote in Black everyday and get lots and lots of compliments. The beauty of black patent is that it looks fabulous all year long so no worries about summer.

I was afraid of black patent or really black anything for the summer for a while but yes I think it can rock! Im not a fan of plain black patent though because it looks too shiny. If I didn't already have this bag in Pewter, I would so have it in the black patent! Andarei Fede in Black Patent
10200_2.jpg