Big Bal Dilemma!! Help please!

Dec 31, 2008
:smile:

Hi there! I was hoping you lovely ladies (and gents) could help me in my dilemma:

I've a few Bals as have been collecting over the last couple of years or so, and I now have to pare down my collection (needs must, worldwide recession and all that) coupled with the fact that I have waaaay too many black bags!

If this were you, which Bal's would you keep?

First in Raisin (Q) - gently used
Work (SGH) in Noire (SS 2008) - very well used
Work in Noire - never carried
City in Noire - never carried
City in Anthracite - never carried
City in Rose Poudre - never carried

In terms of other black bags I have the following in my closet:
1) 1 chain Stella McCartney Falabella tote - shaggy dear in black (never carried)
2) 1 Marc Jacobs Mini stam - see avatar (never carried)
3) Miu Miu black vitello tote (baloon shape from around 2011-12) never carried

Here are some photo's of the Bals and I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much! :biggrin:

XX

Attachments

• Bal full collection 1 Oct 2014.jpg
    Bal full collection 1 Oct 2014.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Bal First Raisin.jpg
    Bal First Raisin.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 374
  • Work GSH Noire.jpg
    Work GSH Noire.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 369
  • Bal Work Noire.jpg
    Bal Work Noire.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Bal City Rose Poudre.jpg
    Bal City Rose Poudre.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 395
  • Bal City Anthracite.jpg
    Bal City Anthracite.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 370
:smile:

Hi there! I was hoping you lovely ladies (and gents) could help me in my dilemma:

I've a few Bals as have been collecting over the last couple of years or so, and I now have to pare down my collection (needs must, worldwide recession and all that) coupled with the fact that I have waaaay too many black bags!

If this were you, which Bal's would you keep?

First in Raisin (Q) - gently used
Work (SGH) in Noire (SS 2008) - very well used
Work in Noire - never carried
City in Noire - never carried
City in Anthracite - never carried
City in Rose Poudre - never carried

In terms of other black bags I have the following in my closet:
1) 1 chain Stella McCartney Falabella tote - shaggy dear in black (never carried)
2) 1 Marc Jacobs Mini stam - see avatar (never carried)
3) Miu Miu black vitello tote (baloon shape from around 2011-12) never carried

Here are some photo's of the Bals and I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much! :biggrin:

XX

Keep the Raisin First and both Black Work Bals. Sell the other Bals you've never carried. The same holds true for any bag you own but never use. Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you.

:hugs:

Thanks so much for your perspective. xx
I love the City but not sure if its just a bit small for my needs! Anyone else find this? Over the years I've bought Bal envelope clutches; smaller bags and wallets but always sent them back! I love the anthracite and powder pink city - shall I sell the black one and use my Falabella instead? Xx

Thanks so much for your perspective. xx
I love the City but not sure if its just a bit small for my needs! Anyone else find this? Over the years I've bought Bal envelope clutches; smaller bags and wallets but always sent them back! I love the anthracite and powder pink city - shall I sell the black one and use my Falabella instead? Xx

Keep
Raisin First: Rare precious color. Use when you don't need to carry much.
One of the black Works: whichever you want to keep.
Powder Pink City: Good to have a light color bag
Mini Stam: For dressy occasions.
Vitello or Falabella: A medium-size black bag.

Thanks Catash! The miu miu is actually quite a big bag, as it goes, so... I was wondering whether to keep that and sell the stam and the black city and work bags. That way I have the Falabella, the miu miu, the pink and grey cities?

Confused.com!!! I'd be delighted to hear anyone else's POV on this! Will post piccies of my various black bags in a bit..x

Here are my various black bags:

1. Falabella shaggy deer tote w palladium h/w: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413648844.418060.jpg

2. Miu Miu vitello tote: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413648972.071748.jpg

3. Mini Stam - see my avatar

Comparison of all 5 side by side to include the 2 Bals - work and city:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413649527.690468.jpg

Your thoughts on what to keep would be greatly appreciated!!! All the bags are new never carried.

TIA :smile: x

Thanks Catash! The miu miu is actually quite a big bag, as it goes, so... I was wondering whether to keep that and sell the stam and the black city and work bags. That way I have the Falabella, the miu miu, the pink and grey cities?

Confused.com!!! I'd be delighted to hear anyone else's POV on this! Will post piccies of my various black bags in a bit..x

Your plan makes sense. :smile:

Thanks but I have always hankered after a black City! What to do...?! I love the anthracite colour as I think it's really cross seasonal.... And the leather's TDF! Bought in Browns, South Molton Street - Simon the SA always looks after me!
I'm not totally sold on the Fabella either even though I know its sought after...

So maybe I should keep:

1) Raisin RH First - no brainier
2) Black SGH (21) Work - well worn but a trusty staple
3) Miu Miu shiny vitello balloon bag - love the leather and its the only one w gold HW
4) Anthracite RH City - cross seasonal
5) Black RH Work - another smarter work bag if SGH or Miu Miu not right look..

That way I get rid of:
MJ Stam
Falabella
Black RH City
Powder Pink City

What do you think - I'd love your expertise ?

thx x

Thanks but I have always hankered after a black City! What to do...?! I love the anthracite colour as I think it's really cross seasonal.... And the leather's TDF! Bought in Browns, South Molton Street - Simon the SA always looks after me!
I'm not totally sold on the Fabella either even though I know its sought after...

So maybe I should keep:

1) Raisin RH First - no brainier
2) Black SGH (21) Work - well worn but a trusty staple
3) Miu Miu shiny vitello balloon bag - love the leather and its the only one w gold HW
4) Anthracite RH City - cross seasonal
5) Black RH Work - another smarter work bag if SGH or Miu Miu not right look..

That way I get rid of:
MJ Stam
Falabella
Black RH City
Powder Pink City

What do you think - I'd love your expertise ?

thx x

I think it sounds great ;) You really love black bags :graucho:
You will end up with a nice set :smile:
Stam is very heave, Black City isn't size for you as you stated before, and Powder Pink City- let's be honest- not much use in London ;)