Big Bags Or Truly Oversized?

Just for fun, I measured my biggest bag, it is 18 inches at the bottom, tapers a bit, and about 15 inches at the tallest, down to 10 in the middle.

I'm 5'2", and this bag is just ginormous for me, I use it when I need to carry laptop, kitchen sink and a small country or two, and it is not at all a good bag for shopping in stores with narrow aisles! :smile:

True story...I was going to school in DC and some guy hit my bag and almost knocked me onto the Metro tracks and after giving it to him verbally, I wore the same bag the next day...So, yes, I think that some bags are too big for some girls but if you have the size or the "fill in your best fit word here"...do your thing...but do not walk too close to the subway tracks!

im 5'2" too and well i also love big bags. the bigger the better! LOL, i guess its because i have lots of things to put in my bag - 3 bags of makeup, heels, flipflops, cell phone, planner, water, lunch...etc etc. i take it with me to work and its with me almost everyday! i love the look of small/medium sized bags too but it just doesnt fit everything that i need.

I hate to overstuff a bag! It spoils the lines and stresses the construction. It also makes it hard to retrieve what I'm looking for. So given a choice, I'll go for extra capacity.

What I really hate is having a too-small bag where I have to completely unpack and repack it in public to get out the item I need. It's always on the bottom! (One of those inescapable rules of life!)

I'm the girl that always has a big bag on my shoulder. I haven't always been that way, but lately I like the big bag. I don't fill them up becuase I like the look of a big bag that just slouches down off your shoulder. Plus, a lot of stuff would kill my shoulder

I'm only 5' and petit so the biggest bag I use is the LV batignolles horizontal
and a slightly bigger Kate Spade dot noel tote.
anything bigger looks too overwhelming on me.

I don't mind oversized bags... I think it looks cute, but I don't own any, & I don't see myself ever carrying around such large bags. I tend to buy medium sized bags. I don't have THAT much stuff to carry around anyways, & my shoulders get sore easily.

It's been six years. How are you all feeling about oversized bags in 2012?

How do you like the way they look on people?

What would you use them for?

I am thinking about getting an oversized tote for the times when I need to carry more than would fit into my large tote. Also his new tote would be able to take more abuse than my large day tote. I'm just trying to justify when I would use it and what I would carry in it:

- travel
- 15" laptop
- clothes to match when I go shopping
- samples of stuff like tile and fixtures when I am remodeling my home
- equipment and handouts if I have to give a presentation
- lunch. A picnic? Food to share at work. Obviously wrapped very well. (Maybe not....)
- my coat if I go somewhere where I need to take it off and carry it
- shopping if I buy something I may not need an extra bag
- conventions where they have lots of handouts and promo items
- a smaller purse for when I want to keep the tote in the car or at my office
- change of clothes or shoes

What else what else what else? (I really want this bag. :graucho:)

6 yrs back I wore large bags..and now 6 yrs after I still do ;)..I will only wear a smallish bag if I go to a function I know will last so and so long time..and I really don't care so much for these smaller bags at all. I feel better for all the reasons you listed above plus I like to have doggie stuff with me in case I visit somebody..you know, where I can keep leashes, extra water bottles and goodies..my daughter-in-laws will add they'll carry kiddy stuff in their large bags!