Big bags for college/work suggestions w/pics

I use this bag for college: Chloé Paddington Tote.

It's a very sturdy bag in an all-year-round colour, with only a very small logo on the lock and hardware.

Attachments

• Paddy2.jpg
    Paddy2.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 545
I have a mulberry bayswater. It's a great school/college bag (I'm a uni student). Mine is chocolate darwin/natural leather, but it comes in various shades and leather types. The natural leather can be a bit heavy, but the soft grain variant is a lot lighter. It is a great size for A4 size paper and books and it fits over the shoulder. And it has straps inside to make it wider if you need more space. It's great! Here's a pic of mine, there are more on www.mulberry.com and NAP.

Attachments

• Choc Bays.JPG
    Choc Bays.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 545
How glam do you want it to look, and how important are pockets and organizational features? If you're up for something interesting but not tricked out, check into the Flap bag by Cydwoq (You can get it at Pedshoes.com.):
main.jpg

It will last FOREVER! Another option is this other big Cydwoq bag (also at Ped):
main.jpg

congrats on starting college! you are gonna have so much fun! i am about to be a junior in college, and i have a Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Bag. i love this bag! i always bring it to class. i can fit everything in it comfortably. it never looks overstuffed!! here are some pics of lindsay lohan and hayden P carrying some! the first few pics are the normal version but the last photo of hayden p is the mini version :tup: there is a Rebecca Minkoff subforum on tpf so come by and check it out!

Attachments

• lindsay-lohan-rebecca-minkoff-bag.jpg
    lindsay-lohan-rebecca-minkoff-bag.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 552
  • lindsay-lohan-rebecca-minkoff-bag2.jpg
    lindsay-lohan-rebecca-minkoff-bag2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 549
  • rebeccaminkoff.jpg
    rebeccaminkoff.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 574
  • haydenmorningafter.jpg
    haydenmorningafter.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 837
^ that's a pretty bag.

I wish I could use big bags for school. starting freshman year in 2 weeks!!! (high school)
I think maybe when I'm a jr. I will start to use big bags. for now, I'm using my North Face hot shot or surge backpack. On lighter load days I have tote bags. I might be able to use some Coach totes. it's more appropriate (and popular) for my age

^ that's a pretty bag.

I wish I could use big bags for school. starting freshman year in 2 weeks!!! (high school)
I think maybe when I'm a jr. I will start to use big bags. for now, I'm using my North Face hot shot or surge backpack. On lighter load days I have tote bags. I might be able to use some Coach totes. it's more appropriate (and popular) for my age

when i was in HS it was all the rage to have just a regular backpack (like a jansport, i had a pink jansport! lol) and then carry around a Dooney and Bourke or a Coach. my first designer bag was a Dooney and Bourke. I still have it for sentimental reasons (even tho it was only 5 years ago)...it is so tiny! i can't barely fit my stuffed wallet into it lol

I'm heading into my Senior year of high school in two weeks and right now I'm looking into a tokidoki messenger or tote for next year.. I can't decide...:sweatdrop:

creativa_carnival.jpg
amica_carnival.jpg

I'll agree with frostedcouture on the purse AND backpack idea, I have friends that carry both don't get me wrong, but it's something extra to hold onto all day and keep an eye on. I usually carry a messenger or a big tote with a make-up clutch for my wallet, cell phone, make-up, and all that stuff, thats worked for me for 3 years so far

Last edited: