Big Bags Backache and the Bellevue PM

Agree with previsous posters. It depends how much you put inside the back. And yes, definitely have your back check out.

The Bellevue is leather so it's not going to help much.

Thanks guys! I've already spoken with my doc and it's nothing major...just some extra weight I've been carrying for the last 2 years. I've also paired down what I consider to be necessities in my regular bags (i.e. Tivoli GM, Bev GM, MC Speedy...etc., I just love big/heavy bags, lol.)

Does anybody own this bag and do you know if it's one of the lighter LV's? For example, I'm carrying my Speedy 30 lately and it's definitely much lighter than my Bev GM or my Multicolor with the same amount of stuff in it.

I guess I could just do my Speedy 30 in the meantime but of course it's always nice to have more than one. My only other "light" bags are my Tulum PM and Aurelia MM so a small Vernis piece would be a great addition to my collection.

There is a tread that gives some of the weights of different LV bags, I dont remember what it was called ,but designing style started it if that helps.

I'm in a similar situation like you, the only difference being that I don't have any backache.... All my bags seem to be big or heavy, which is why I went in to LV last week looking for something specifically light! I have an almost 3 year-old constantly by my side, and carrying him plus grocery shopping etc. has made it impossible for me to handle any of my bags, really... So I bought the mono Neverfull MM and azur speedy 30 and couldn't believe how LIGHT they are!

I got to try on the Bellevue PM in bleu nuit as well, and I must say that it's actually a wee bit on the heavy side when empty (let alone with all my stuff in!). Nevertheless, I might still buy it towards the end of the year because it's sooooo pretty and chic!

Anyway, I would highly suggest the Neverfull as it's quite light but very roomy, and provides a great alternative to your speedy! Good luck deciding..

Thanks again, everyone! dcooney, I remember that thread. One of my favorite bags ever, the MC Speedy is over 2 lbs. I think (yikes!). LVKeepall fan, I love all those bags you mentioned, esp. the Roses version of the NF. I luv vuitton, my sister is also a mom and swears by her Azur Speedy. I'm so glad you think the Bellevue is chic & pretty...I feel the same way, I just LOVE it! Bearbear, congrats on your Bellevue PM...what color did you get?