Bidding vs. BIN

LOREBUNDE

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Just always was amazed at the different prices an item sells for. For instance there will be bidding on an item up to $50.00 but same item will be BIN$35.00! Shipping is the same and the feedback looks good but people rather bid then BIN? I noticed this while I had Boots serum up for auction. I started bid at $25, saw people were bidding LOTS, one even sold for $137 but mine ended with no bids. While I relisted it, it sold for $42. This was a good price but compared w/$137. Also, there were plenty of BINs for around $50. I guess people rather bid. I know its a timing thing too. Items sell better ending at night than say afternoon?

Just always was amazed at the different prices an item sells for. For instance there will be bidding on an item up to $50.00 but same item will be BIN$35.00! Shipping is the same and the feedback looks good but people rather bid then BIN? I noticed this while I had Boots serum up for auction. I started bid at $25, saw people were bidding LOTS, one even sold for $137 but mine ended with no bids. While I relisted it, it sold for $42. This was a good price but compared w/$137. Also, there were plenty of BINs for around $50. I guess people rather bid. I know its a timing thing too. Items sell better ending at night than say afternoon?
I think people get caught up in the bidding. They just forget, want to win so badly that they'll forget they can do a bin cheaper.

I do think auctions end higher at night simply because most people are home and have more time to deal with ebay.

I do find that sometimes I will see auction style listings that sell for more than my BIN items but I prefer the ability to have "immediate payment required" so am okay to get a bit lower price for my item.

I do try to make the BIN price be in line with what other items have sold for whether auction style or BIN so I don't usually lose too much though there is an occasional item that sells for quite a bit more than my BIN item, which is a bit discouraging.

Myself, I prefer to find BIN items at a good price rather than bid on items.

If I have a choice I will always BIN an item. I don't like the stress of waiting to see if I will be outbid at the the last minute. If there is something that I really want, then I would rather pay a bit higher price for the comfort of knowing that the item will be mine. The only time I bid in an auction is to see if I can get something for a good price (below my reservation price).

For my listings I always do auction- the one time I tried a BIN or best offer all I got were low offers. One of your best friends for selling items in an auction format is the competition- it's unbelievable the disparity between some final ending prices. I actually prefer to win auctions too- I love the rush of my bid going in at the last second, beating everyone and circumventing a nasty biding war.

For my listings I always do auction- the one time I tried a BIN or best offer all I got were low offers. One of your best friends for selling items in an auction format is the competition- it's unbelievable the disparity between some final ending prices. I actually prefer to win auctions too- I love the rush of my bid going in at the last second, beating everyone and circumventing a nasty biding war.

The only downfall is that too many bidders have sniping programs now and I've been losing every bidding war for weeks. So if there's a buy it now on an item I want and its reasonable in comparison to others listed, I just buy it.