Bidders not in the U.S.

LOREBUNDE

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
I put a few items up for auction and now they are ending. One winner is from Austria, now I noticed the other is from Poland! I put in auction shipping is to United States. Am I liable w/ebay to mail these out? First one I emailed stating I only ship within U.S. and am waiting for her reply. I was going to just do the dispute thing stating we both agreed to end.

Remove their bids. Lots of bidders do not check if you ship overseas, there are sellers who state US shipping only and still ship overseas. So I guess from the bidder's point of view it's less of a hassle when browsing through 100s of auctions to first place a bid then have seller remove it later.

Yes if they pay you are liable to mail them out. You can always refund them then offer item to next highest qualifying bidder, but bidders don't normally like second chance offers because of the recent scams.

You can cancel the bids. You can set up your auctions to only accept bids from your chosen ship areas. It also doesn't hurt to state in your auctions the places you are willing to ship and that you will cancel bids from outside of those areas. You will still get the questions like"How much for shipping to Timbuktu?" lol

I actually leave them :yes: If worst comes to worst I *will* ship overseas, but in every one of my auctions so far they've been outbid at the last minute by a domestic bidder. Helps drive up the price :tup:

I am in the UK and buy quite a few things from US sellers - If the listing states the seller only ships within the US and I really wanted something I would always message the seller and ask them before I placed a bid.

Some people are just really annoying as they don't read things properly !!

You could request that overseas buyers pay by Western Union only. If they pay by Paypal you will refund them. As long as you don't end your auction prematurely, you might run into the risk of having the last minute bidders from overseas.